Wiki Posts
Search

Seating strategy on772 AKL-NRT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Executive ; Frontier Summit
Smile Seating strategy on772 AKL-NRT

Wife and I are flying AKL-NRT in March. Currently assigned 35AB. Has anyone had luck with the strategy of selecting window/aisle and hope for no one being assigned the middle seat?

I would have to call NZ and have then change seats as when I try to do it, the system keeps us together as a pair and tries to charge me for preferred seating.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

*G flying on an Award tickets, I know, greedy
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by tombourn
Wife and I are flying AKL-NRT in March. Currently assigned 35AB. Has anyone had luck with the strategy of selecting window/aisle and hope for no one being assigned the middle seat?

I would have to call NZ and have then change seats as when I try to do it, the system keeps us together as a pair and tries to charge me for preferred seating.

Hope for empty seats and spend $99 on a twin seat - seat beside one of you spare.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:25 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat

Have had this issue on lots of TT flights
Non status partner online seating won't seperate even if you select seat seperately. Premium call centre can be hit and miss unfortunately - I have had mixed luck but it is worth a ago.

Generally if you get AB especially up front of Y then more than not even on an empty flight someone will pick the isle C/D (In my experience) = whereas who would want B or E!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

Air NZ now has a radio button on the seat selection page which offers either 'seat as group' or 'seat individually' - at least for my domestic bookings.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Air NZ now has a radio button on the seat selection page which offers either 'seat as group' or 'seat individually' - at least for my domestic bookings.
The radio "seat seperately" will not allow you to select A/C or D/F on the same row (at least not as NZ*G)
Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Executive ; Frontier Summit
Seating strategy on772 AKL-NRT

I saw and tried that button. It wouldn't separate as stated above. Thanks for the advise. I guess I'm just being greedy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.