Question About OneUp

Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Question About OneUp

Are there only so many business class seats alloted for OneUp requests or will ANZ fill every empty business class seat with people requesting upgrades via OneUp without limitation?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
There seems to be a limited pool. People have posted about OneUp bids being turned down and the business class cabin not being full or even half full.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

That's what I assumed. Thanks for the reply.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:31 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
They have a secret algorithm, but basically at 7 days out they will fill any unsold Z or J inventory, which is part of the reason why Confirmed Upgrades were scrapped, because they used the same Z inventory.

They rarely OneUp C inventory, but apparently in very lightly-loaded cases will sell D inventory to high bids.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Here's something I've observed over the past few days.

I've been watching NZ5 and NZ7.

NZ5 started out (T-15): C4D4Z2U1E0O0A0Y7B7 and everything else zeroed.
NZ7 started out (T-15): C4D4Z2U0E0O0A0Y7B7 and everything else zeroed.

Between T-15 and T-7, NZ5 dropped to C4D4Z0U0 then C4D3Z0. NZ7 stayed the same.

At T-7:

NZ5 is completely zeroed out in all fare classes.
NZ7 is C4D4Z0U4E2Y7B7 and all others zero.

So it seems to me that NZ5 was probably oversold or near it, and OneUps were accepted to shift load around in the classes. NZ7 appears to have had enough OneUps from U class to C to allow U to go back on sale.

NZ1 on the same date is C2 and all else zeroed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.