Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NZ partners with Asia Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Exclamation NZ partners with Asia Miles

Air New Zealand partners with Asia Miles

On 31 January 2013, Air New Zealand joins Asia Miles in the Airlines category. From this date, members will be able to earn Asia Miles on Air New Zealand flights between Auckland and Hong Kong – and start redeeming miles for award tickets later in the first quarter of 2013 (exact date to be announced).

Question : will NZ drop Star Alliance and join OneWorld?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
There is no way NZ would join their trans-Tasman partner Virgin Australia's rival Qantas in oneworld. If anything, perhaps CX should consider exiting OW and join their part owner Air China in *A.

China Eastern, China Southern, Xiamen Airlines, and China Airlines have recently taken on CX in forming a mini cross strait alliance within SkyTeam. Without a single OW partner in Mainland China, I wonder whether teaming up with Air China and EVA Air in *A would be a better answer for CX. Of course when it comes to alliance decisios, it's much more complicated that that.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Air New Zealand partners with Asia Miles

On 31 January 2013, Air New Zealand joins Asia Miles in the Airlines category. From this date, members will be able to earn Asia Miles on Air New Zealand flights between Auckland and Hong Kong – and start redeeming miles for award tickets later in the first quarter of 2013 (exact date to be announced).

Question : will NZ drop Star Alliance and join OneWorld?
Not so quick. The fine prints on the Asia miles site specifies that it is only for AKL <-> HKG flights only for travel from 31 Jan 2013 this is especially for the NZ/CX alliance on that route.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Will my CX J flight (AKL-HKG) be able to be credited to NZ Airpoints?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Rebound
Will my CX J flight (AKL-HKG) be able to be credited to NZ Airpoints?
With a CX flight number, you will get 90 Airpoints and no Status Points. With an NZ flight number, you will get 215 Airpoints and 210 Status Points. Why would anyone want to credit CX flights to NZ?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Thanks for the heads up, CX flight number so may aswell credit elsewhere (although I dont have a CX/OW ffer account with anyone)
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:37 am

If anything CX will leave Oneworld

China is essentially becoming 2 big airlines

Air China-Cathay

China southern/eastern -Xiamen

you may count Hainan but they are really small compared to these

I hope CX partners with Virgin Australia

Also Rob did say that the cathay relationship would grow-Air NZ is seeking to expand the codeshare to more Asian cities

also since QANTAS is launching Jetstar HK Cathay is justified to partner with Air NZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.