Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OneUp Results Summary thus far

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by jawnbc
That's not what I asked--but any experienced traveller knows that business class passengers either pick seats or are assigned them when confirmed: a cabin nearly empty in the seat map has a lot of unsold inventory.

I asked if they will decline even low-ball One Up requests and leave seats empty.
Well there is a minimum bid on One Up so I would guess that is the minimum.

Though with AirNZ if you don't pick a seat it will not be assigned in the seat map until checkin. So in theory AirNZ could have a sold out business cabin with all seats showing as empty or airport control.

If you want to know if the cabin is actually empty you will need to see if can do a business booking with nine people.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by jawnbc
That's not what I asked--but any experienced traveller knows that business class passengers either pick seats or are assigned them when confirmed: a cabin nearly empty in the seat map has a lot of unsold inventory.

I asked if they will decline even low-ball One Up requests and leave seats empty.
I don't agree with that view. I've seen plenty of cases over the years of cabins with very few allocated seats yet very few seats unsold. Lots of FFers forget lots of people simply don't care where they sit.

You can't really put in what I'd call a low ball bid though - the minimums are still higher than Elite APD upgrades.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Originally Posted by sbiddle
You can't really put in what I'd call a low ball bid though - the minimums are still higher than Elite APD upgrades.
Actually, the lowest bid you can put on our flights is NZD210 on AKL HNL from PE to J. The equivalent APD upgrade would be NZD360. Perhaps because of the equipment swap.

And I can still book 6 seats in J on the outbound flight...yet our upgrade was not cleared (we've been dumped into the "wait until 7-9 hours before departure" basket., as of last night. My hunch is that there are so many empty J (and PE) seats they will only operate a smaller crew and the forward J cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.