Wiki Posts
Search

PRS Restricted ????

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, NZ, VS, HH, IHG Gold, Marriott, Hertz 5*
PRS Restricted ????

I just tried checking seat availability for my upcoming flights on Expertflyer.
I was able to see a mostly empty seat map for business class,
For seat maps in Y and PE, I got this bright red error message back:

There was an error message from the airline when trying to retrieve this seat map: PRS RESTRICTED

EDIT: PRS is pre-reserved seating.

Anyone know why this happens?

Availability on Flight Stats:

C/4 D/4 Z/4 J/7 U/7 E/7 O/5 A/0 Y/7 B/7 M/7 H/7 Q/7 V/7 W/7 T/5 L/1 S/0 G/0 X/0 K/0 P/0

and

C/4 D/4 Z/4 J/2 U/3 E/0 O/0 A/0 Y/7 B/7 M/7 H/7 Q/7 V/7 W/7 T/0 L/0 S/0 G/0 X/0 K/0 P/0

(my chances of a successful one up on that flight are close to zero)

Last edited by AndrewAndDebbie; Nov 21, 2012 at 4:14 am
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:17 am
formerly kiwi_norway

Programs: A3*G, NZ*S, Avis PC
Originally Posted by AndrewAndDebbie
I just tried checking seat availability for my upcoming flights on Expertflyer.
I was able to see a mostly empty seat map for business class,
For seat maps in Y and PE, I got this bright red error message back:

There was an error message from the airline when trying to retrieve this seat map: PRS RESTRICTED

EDIT: PRS is pre-reserved seating.

Anyone know why this happens?

Availability on Flight Stats:

C/4 D/4 Z/4 J/7 U/7 E/7 O/5 A/0 Y/7 B/7 M/7 H/7 Q/7 V/7 W/7 T/5 L/1 S/0 G/0 X/0 K/0 P/0

and

C/4 D/4 Z/4 J/2 U/3 E/0 O/0 A/0 Y/7 B/7 M/7 H/7 Q/7 V/7 W/7 T/0 L/0 S/0 G/0 X/0 K/0 P/0

(my chances of a successful one up on that flight are close to zero)
There's been three comments related to seat selection or seat map issues in the last half hour, so I'm guessing it's all related.

Most likely due to the changeover to the new "Seat Select" system, where you now pay for the chance to pre-select a seat on a lot of NZ services. See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...tomised-6.html
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
i have since learned that there is a major system upgrade for seat selection going on at NZ overnight (NZ time) and everything ought to be back to normal tomorrow.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, NZ*G
Seems to be live now. Nice new look and feel but of course the cost function is now built in.

Edit: I can no longer access Space+ on domestic, not even if I want to pay (which I don't). All blocked out.

Edit2: It is also telling me my journey is over 400 hours long since that is the time from the beginning of the first flight to the last flight a few weeks later. Imagine how much they could make out of me for watching movies or ads or whatever over 400 hours.

Last edited by craver; Nov 21, 2012 at 6:33 am
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'm having the same issues, so I've sent an e-mail to the reservations department, asking them to reconfirm my seating selection, just to be on the safe side...
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, NZ, VS, HH, IHG Gold, Marriott, Hertz 5*
Thanks for the warning. I'm not going to touch my existing reservations. Either we get the one-up or we don't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.