Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now Pay for exit rows - "Fly Customised"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:14 pm

I was seated in seat 55C which is supposed to be a preferred seat on flight NZ10 (AKL-HNL). It was as tight as any other economy seats on the aircraft and I didn't even get preferential boarding or any other benefits. It was a total RIPOFF and a FRAUD!!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
I think your "handle" reflects how many of us feel about "Fly Customised"!
Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:13 pm

Just logged into select a seat from Hamilton to Wellington on an ATR72.

It had pre-assigned me 15B, a 'preferred' seat which apparently normally costs $10.

If I moved one left to 15A, also a $10 seat, it then tried to charge me the $10.

So I go to 15D, Which is of no cost.

Has anyone else been preselected a $10 seat - do they actually then try and charge you for it later? Or is this simply one of the many errors they enhanced to us?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I selected an exit row at no cost and it tried to charge me $75 for changing to the seat next to me (exit row also) on an Intl flight.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold RIP); Airpoints Gold Elite; Flying Blue Gold; Emirates, Gold; Qantas, Platinum
I have found lately (only noticed this on domestic flights) that it tries to charge me for my preferred seats during the booking process. However, if I book without choosing a seat, then go back into the reservation after completion it allows me to choose seats I prefer without a charge.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by highpeak1
I have found lately (only noticed this on domestic flights) that it tries to charge me for my preferred seats during the booking process. However, if I book without choosing a seat, then go back into the reservation after completion it allows me to choose seats I prefer without a charge.
Same here. It is annoying.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by NZSportsTech
Just logged into select a seat from Hamilton to Wellington on an ATR72.

It had pre-assigned me 15B, a 'preferred' seat which apparently normally costs $10.

If I moved one left to 15A, also a $10 seat, it then tried to charge me the $10.

So I go to 15D, Which is of no cost.

Has anyone else been preselected a $10 seat - do they actually then try and charge you for it later? Or is this simply one of the many errors they enhanced to us?
Koru/Status customers can only select preferred seats for free on Air NZ, not Air Nelson/Mt Cook/Eagle Airways. You can select these for free on these flights 48 hours out.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: NZ*GE, A3*G, UA Prem, QF, AA
Question Must call for "preferred" seats T-48?

Tomorrow I'm flying PE to North America and want to shift into the "preferred" PE Seat (23B) that's still available on Seat Select. Problem is that, despite my GE status, I immediately get asked for credit card details and US$50. T&Cs still seem to state that Koru/Gold/GE has free access to the preferred seats T-48 hours. So I don't think that there's a further programme downgrade on the horizon.

Anyone else have this problem? I assume that a call to the premium team will sort it out, but I'm surprised that their IT system can't handle the T-48 premium seat access for HVCs.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by kaimanawa
Tomorrow I'm flying PE to North America and want to shift into the "preferred" PE Seat (23B) that's still available on Seat Select. Problem is that, despite my GE status, I immediately get asked for credit card details and US$50. T&Cs still seem to state that Koru/Gold/GE has free access to the preferred seats T-48 hours. So I don't think that there's a further programme downgrade on the horizon.

Anyone else have this problem? I assume that a call to the premium team will sort it out, but I'm surprised that their IT system can't handle the T-48 premium seat access for HVCs.
I had the same problem on Friday at T-48 requesting 1D on a Q300 as part of a (full fare business class) flight yesterday SYD-AKL-PMR. They wanted to charge me $5 for 1D on the Q300. That was strange as row 1 on a Q300 is never released at all until T-48, and is not charged for once released. It took yet another phone call to sort it. I actually didn't end up flying in it as the earlier AKL-PMR flight was delayed and the nice lady at the Domestic Premium desk put me on it last minute (which is a first).
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite
This whole system simply does not work.

A total fail for whoever rolled it out.

I really hope the new CEO sorts it out.

But I am not holding my breath....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.