Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ safety Middle-earth style

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Air NZ safety Middle-earth style

Hobbits, elves and wizards take to the sky in Air New Zealand's latest safety video.

Air New Zealand's crew members were given Middle-earth style makeovers to get in character for the Hobbit-themed safety-briefing.

Photos from the film-shoot, released by Air New Zealand, give fans a chance to catch a sneak peek behind the scenes.

The video will be on board Air New Zealand flights from November, coinciding with the world premiere of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in Wellington.

Air New Zealand is collaborating with film studios New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in a two-year partnership to promote the two upcoming movies.

Air New Zealand spokesperson Marie Hosking said the partnership carried on from the success of Air New Zealand's relationship with The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

The relationship was extremely well received by customers, she said.

The airline is renowned for its quirky in-flight briefings, featuring an array of well-known Kiwi and international faces.

Hosking said customers could look forward to some signature Air New Zealand moments from the latest safety briefing.

The video will be rolled out on all domestic and international flights.
stuff.co.nz
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:05 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Only two months to go for the current terrible safety video.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by Trumpkin
Only two months to go for the current terrible safety video.
Hear, hear! It will be a long two months, though, sitting through the current embarrassment.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
All my domestic flights for the last 2 months have been on props so no safety video for me.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:37 am

I won't be on ANZ till December.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: NZ, QF
Originally Posted by pbl22
Hear, hear! It will be a long two months, though, sitting through the current embarrassment.
Especially that shot with a female FA fastening a seatbelt for a kiwi (bird) while the one sitting next to me is an 'excessively muscular' one (human)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.