Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Are they still starting the breakfast service 4 1/2 ish hours out on the return flight to AKL?

It was my main gripe on the flight - but it was being done to service was based around crew rest breaks.
No they are not anymore. On my flight a lot of business class woke up with 4 hours to go anyway, i went into premium economy service area and lots of premium economy passengers were also up. The crew were being bothered constantly for food drinks etc when they were trying to set up for breakfast alone, obviously short on colleagues as they were resting. After witnessing this i can see why they were serving breakfast earlier. The poor crew must be shattered and must need a break before driving home, i would rather be woken earlier for breakfast - your gripe is someone else’s fatigue and safety...
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:55 pm

AKL to IAH (Houston) NZ28
Y to PE
Bid $530 NZD - no uplift
Accepted 5 days out

I somehow also managed to get the only spare PE seat next to me, so was a very comfy flight (other than all the turbulence!)
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: NZ *G
NZ6 AKL > LAX
Y > PE
Gold
US$250
Accepted 5 days out
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:46 am

Programs: BA, NZ
NZ2 LAX > LHR
Y > PE
NZ$370, No uplift
Accepted 5 days out
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: BA, NZ
NZ2 AKL > LAX
Y > PE
NZ$410, No uplift
Accepted 5 days out
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:00 pm

This is probably a stupid question - but how do I know if my bid is NZ dollars or US dollars
Looking to bid PE-J on NZ1 LAX-AKL. The minimum bid showing is $365
If that's $365US -- then I'm bidding $550NZ which seems very high for a minimum bid.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by stewart24
This is probably a stupid question - but how do I know if my bid is NZ dollars or US dollars
Looking to bid PE-J on NZ1 LAX-AKL. The minimum bid showing is $365
If that's $365US -- then I'm bidding $550NZ which seems very high for a minimum bid.
Why do you think it's high for a minimum bid? It's not.

Elite APD upgrade price is NZ$480 until 9th Feb and NZ$695 for after 10th Feb so assuming your flight is for after the 10th Feb it's way under the Elite APD upgrade price.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
LAX-LHR PE->J, $420 USD, 5 days out
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Hello everyone, I have a question more towards OneUp refunds.

My OneUp bid of $200 on BNE-AKL was successful 3 days out, then day of departure, there was an aircraft swap 777 > 787 and I was downgraded back to economy. I assumed a refund would happen automatically but after waiting a week I called in. The agent did not see anything noted on my booking other than the trip was completed They sent a refund request to the appropriate department and I figured that was settled. Fast forward 3 weeks to today, still no refund so I called in again to get an update. The new agent I spoke with did not see anything noted about a refund (nor the request) and they gave me an email address to contact "[email protected]".

This seems a bit of a hassle, and i'm wondering if my experience is just a one off or is this common with Air NZ?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Hello everyone, I have a question more towards OneUp refunds.

My OneUp bid of $200 on BNE-AKL was successful 3 days out, then day of departure, there was an aircraft swap 777 > 787 and I was downgraded back to economy. I assumed a refund would happen automatically but after waiting a week I called in. The agent did not see anything noted on my booking other than the trip was completed They sent a refund request to the appropriate department and I figured that was settled. Fast forward 3 weeks to today, still no refund so I called in again to get an update. The new agent I spoke with did not see anything noted about a refund (nor the request) and they gave me an email address to contact "[email protected]".

This seems a bit of a hassle, and i'm wondering if my experience is just a one off or is this common with Air NZ?
Air NZ are usually very good, and quite prompt, with refunds.

First, have you confirmed that you were actually charged?
If so, look back through all transactions from that transaction.

I’ve noticed that sometimes the refund ends up showing earlier in the sequence of transactions that I have expected, sometimes on the same day of the booking.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 22, 2020 at 10:49 am
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I too would be double checking first you were actually charged - a credit card transaction reversal can be done in two ways. One is to re-credit the amount back to a customer and the other is to reverse the original transaction. The second approach is the best (but not many retailers actually do it) because for international customers it avoids differences due to forex changes. I have no idea what method Air NZ use.

If a refund it issued it will also typically appear next to the original date on a credit card statement. Have you double checked your statement online around that date to ensure this hasn't been dealt with and that you've missed it?

I might be getting mixed up with something else but I'm pretty sure somebody mentioned to me at one point that when Air NZ processed a OneUp to a credit card rather than APD it is initially only a hold on the card rather than a charge. Since I've only ever used OneUp once in the very early days I have no way of confirming this or knowing if it is still the case.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Air NZ are usually very good, and quite prompt, with refunds.

First, have you confirmed that you were actually charged?
If so, look back through all transactions from that transaction.

I’ve noticed that sometimes the refund ends up showing earlier in the sequence of transactions that I have expected, sometimes on the same day of the booking.

Thanks for the tips. I checked my online statement and only have the Air NZ charge, no refund. I think the issue the agents are having is it doesn't show on their end that I was upgraded than downgraded. Luckily I kept all the emails for documentation. I guess I could dispute the charge on my cc as well.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Thanks for the tips. I checked my online statement and only have the Air NZ charge, no refund. I think the issue the agents are having is it doesn't show on their end that I was upgraded than downgraded. Luckily I kept all the emails for documentation. I guess I could dispute the charge on my cc as well.
I would just like to update. I finally received my refund. When they say the refund will take 6 weeks. They actually mean it.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:01 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
NZ26 AKL ORD
Y > PE x 2 pax
NZ$450, Gold uplift
Not successful
Old May 4, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan
NZ20 AKL-YVR
Y -> Skycouch Bid
NZ$380, no uplift
Successful 8 hours out.

Surprisingly, NZD380 was showing as "STRONG" in the bid indicator. Honestly thought the amount was on the low side (previous success many years ago was $435CAD and that was showing as "poor" at time of bidding)

Very happy with the outcome as I was traveling by myself.
nzerinto and sopwith7 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.