Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
Who knows honestly. I've had all of my bids Y-PE accepted. I usually bidded around $600 and had gold uplift, which was probably pretty high. There is often a lot of PE availability but again, you just never know.

I wouldn't be counting on it for the luggage because you sometimes don't find out until you're literally boarding the plane... I also have no idea how that even works considering that they're separate flights, so if you win it for LAX leg but not the LHR leg are you entitled to the additional luggage for the LHR leg or do they charge you? I don't know.
Yeah you get the upper luggage allowance all the way through, to avoid that debacle.

I have always had Y-PE accepted trans-tasman return, and SFO return, I'm just nervous about it in general I guess. But worrying never solved anything.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
NZ9 HNL-AKL
21 Sep 18
2 x Y -> PE
Offered $200 pp, no status
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:18 pm

Who knows honestly. I've had all of my bids Y-PE accepted. I usually bidded around $600 and had gold uplift, which was probably pretty high. There is often a lot of PE availability but again, you just never know.

I wouldn't be counting on it for the luggage because you sometimes don't find out until you're literally boarding the plane... I also have no idea how that even works considering that they're separate flights, so if you win it for LAX leg but not the LHR leg are you entitled to the additional luggage for the LHR leg or do they charge you? I don't know.

I believe they grant you the higher baggage allowance in order to avoid that debacle (which is surprising in itself)
I have always won Y-PE trans-tasman return, and SFO return, I guess I'm just nervous about it in general. But worrying never solved anything.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by TDGtoLHR
AKL to LHR via LAX
Y - PE $690 and $610 for each leg, still not accepted 3 days out.
Those bids sit just on 'average' scale (if that helps)

What do you think my chances are?
I really need the baggage allowance as im moving permanently
update: LAX-LHR leg ($690 no uplift) not successful. disappointing, because no I've now lost the ability to seat select.
AKL-LAX leg still up for review.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: TK*G, QF G, NZ*GE, BA Silver
AKL-HKG
Y-PE
Bid $300APD min bid with G uplift
Cleared 5 days out
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: AirNZ Koru
Originally Posted by dmill

NZ102 SYD-AKL
1 Sept 18
PE -> Bus
Offered $165 NZD (Jade Status, Koru member)

Neither offer accepted yet.
Was told maybe at 72 hours, rejected at 7 hours.

BP was actually overbooked and previously cleared RUs were being cancelled at airport. PE was also full.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: Air GE, Emirates Gold
Baggage allowance while waiting for upgrade clearence

Current have a seat only fare trans tasman flight, have elite APD Y>PE upgrade uncleared at time of checkin, can you still check in bag while waiting for gate clearance of upgrade?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by atknz
Current have a seat only fare trans tasman flight, have elite APD Y>PE upgrade uncleared at time of checkin, can you still check in bag while waiting for gate clearance of upgrade?
No. If you want to take a bag you'll have to pay.

The upgraded baggage allowance at check-in for RU/APD upgrades that haven't yet cleared doesn't apply on S2S routes.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints - Gold Elite, Velocity - Platinum, Qantas - Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
No. If you want to take a bag you'll have to pay.

The upgraded baggage allowance at check-in for RU/APD upgrades that haven't yet cleared doesn't apply on S2S routes.

Has this changed recently? I had two occasions to Australia last year where I had an upgrade pending at check in, but was allowed checked baggage despite being on Seat Only fares. Once was a domestic connection, and by the time I landed in Auckland the upgrade had gone through. The other was AKL-SYD.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:14 am

Bassinet seat

Hi there, I am travelling on NZ6 AKL to LAX in a few days and have done a oneup bid from Y to PE which is “awaiting confirmation”. We are travelling with a baby and have paid extra for the basinet seats in Y, if we get the upgrade accepted to PE I am assuming there is no guarantee they would kick out someone else who has already reserved those seats so that we can have the basinet? I would prefer to sit in economy over holding a 9kg baby in PE for 12 hours... so maybe I should withdrawal my oneup, any thoughts?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:11 pm

I did not realise it does not apply to S2S routes, last month I was able to check in with a bag on a seat only fare with the upgrade still pending.

Was that due to my elite service using the Elite staff at Auckland airport or a 1 off lucky event?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:12 pm

Agree, lasy month checked in with a bag on a seat only fare with an upgrade pending - however I am elite and used the staff in premium area to do
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by atknz
Agree, lasy month checked in with a bag on a seat only fare with an upgrade pending - however I am elite and used the staff in premium area to do
Would be great to clarify this, I ‘ve paid for extra luggage before when upgrade hasn’t cleared before leaving for airport purely due to the fact that paying for extra bags at checkin is significantly more expensive. When an upgrade clears subsequent to this it of course means effectively paying twice.

Interestingly the page below suggests at airport ONEUP upgrades shouldn’t routinely occur on S2S routes.
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/oneu...and-conditions
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:41 pm

Clarification

just to clarify - I was on an Elite APd upgrade , not a OneUp.

this may be why it is allowed?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: NZ*E
My wife and I have recently booked a seat only fare from Apia to Auckland next July. We used RUs to upgrade to PE (confirmed upgrades to Business were not available). The produced ticket clearly said that there were no paid for bags on this leg of the trip, even though we can take 3 bags each going to Apia a week earlier as we are flying Business (an effective way during the AirNZ sale to maintain status!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.