Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids

Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints
AKL to Bali unsuccseful

$300 pp for my wife and I to upgrade from works to premium economy on akl to Bali was unsuccessful.
i noticed there are no premium economy seats available for sale on the return leg so have changed my bid to skycouch for $500 since it’s a night flight. I just want some space really.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Brook Lester
$300 pp for my wife and I to upgrade from works to premium economy on akl to Bali was unsuccessful.
i noticed there are no premium economy seats available for sale on the return leg so have changed my bid to skycouch for $500 since it’s a night flight. I just want some space really.
You could always just ask for a Twinseat at check-in which is a lot cheaper and will be granted providing there is space available.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints
Thanks. Yes this crossed my mind, but after checking the seat map for availability, the flight looks full. If I'm unsuccessful again, that will still be an option.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
6 May
HKG to AKL
Y to PE
$300 bid Gold uplift- very weak
2 pax - me gold and wife silver
Confirmed 5 days out
Old May 7, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Two for my girlfriend:

12APR18 NZ7 SFO-AKL
Y (W) to PE
$505 bid, UA*S so unsure if there was any uplift
1 pax
Confirmed 5 days out.

18APR18 NZ8 AKL-SFO
Y (H) to PE
$505 bid, UA*S
1 pax
Confirmed 6 hours out.

Both flights were very heavily sold in Y for several weeks out, but U and J class were both quite empty.

Now trying to get a refund of the seat select fee paid the morning of NZ8 during checkin, which then went to waste when NZ confirmed the OneUp a few hours later...
Old May 7, 2018, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by ajnz

Now trying to get a refund of the seat select fee paid the morning of NZ8 during checkin, which then went to waste when NZ confirmed the OneUp a few hours later...
Air NZ don't refund seat select or preferred seat fees if any form of upgrade is processed (RU/APD/Oneup). This is made very clear in their T&C and when you lodge the upgrade.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/oneu...and-conditions
Old May 7, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Air NZ don't refund seat select or preferred seat fees if any form of upgrade is processed (RU/APD/Oneup). This is made very clear in their T&C and when you lodge the upgrade.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/oneu...and-conditions
I'm aware of that, but in this case, I have requested NZ to make an exception. The sequence - and timing - of events was unfortunate.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ajnz
I'm aware of that, but in this case, I have requested NZ to make an exception. The sequence - and timing - of events was unfortunate.
LOL!!! Good luck!
Old May 19, 2018, 3:00 am

NZ2 AKL-LAX, 370 to PE declined at 1 hr
Old May 19, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
NZ103 / NZ108
AKL-SYD-AKL

Y to PE - NZ$100 each way - accepted 7 days out. Price difference was around $700 a segment (usually it is a lot less but at the time of booking last week it was around that - PE more expensive than J :/)
Old May 21, 2018, 2:59 am

AKL-LAX
NZ006
I bid $1030 for upgrade from PE - business
My bid wasn’t unsuccessful but it will
be updated 7-9 hours prior to flying which is super annoying

What are my odds? Or am I SOL?
Old May 21, 2018, 4:08 am

Your odds are in the range of 0% to 100%

I'm not sure what's annoying about not knowing about an upgrade until the day. The vast majority of upgrades don't clear until somewhere between check-in and the gate.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:58 am

Your odds are in the range of 0% to 100%

I'm not sure what's annoying about not knowing about an upgrade until the day. The vast majority of upgrades don't clear until somewhere between check-in and the gate.
Annoying is probably the wrong word - every other one up attempt for me has been accepted or declined a few days prior which was a great way to start the holiday
Old May 21, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ethan Hertz

Annoying is probably the wrong word - every other one up attempt for me has been accepted or declined a few days prior which was a great way to start the holiday
Well the fact it hasn't been declined yet means there is still a chance of it clearing. Most people would be incredibly happy about that!
Old May 21, 2018, 1:28 pm

Smile

Well the fact it hasn't been declined yet means there is still a chance of it clearing. Most people would be incredibly happy about that!
Yeah, i guess i should look on the bright side! Who knows, my $1000+ bid still might be good enough to appease the OneUp gods

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.