Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Successful/unsuccessful oneup bids

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Air NZ don't send emails when an RU clears (or doesn't clear) - as the vast majority clear at the airport they no doubt see very little need for this.
Pleased to know that I'm not missing them but it seems odd they don't send them when they're successful as they (i) don't cost anything to send and (ii) are supposed to be recognition of loyalty so you would think they'd want to highlight this.

I've heard that if not declined they may let you have baggage allowance of potential upgrade - is this correct and is it a policy one can see online - I've never risked it.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by drajknox
Pleased to know that I'm not missing them but it seems odd they don't send them when they're successful as they (i) don't cost anything to send and (ii) are supposed to be recognition of loyalty so you would think they'd want to highlight this.

I've heard that if not declined they may let you have baggage allowance of potential upgrade - is this correct and is it a policy one can see online - I've never risked it.
I'm not sure if they can send an email when the booking is cleared at the airport due to this being a manual process done in different systems. Plusgrade (OneUp) is a totally different standalone process.

Yes you're eligible for the baggage allowance of a RU at check-in except on Seats to Suit routes. These has been posted (and confirmed) by plenty of people on here over the years. It is not a policy mentioned online anywhere.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: airnz gold
nothing

I have always recieved email when lodged, but never never get any response to say successful or not, and nothing goes into spam.
But, I lodged a complaint two weeks ago and never got a reply yet..I have incident number...
Also emailed gold@airnz with a question 3 days ago...nothing ...ummm
Old May 4, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: NZ*S, IHG D
NZ108
SYD-AKL 4 MAY
Y (Works) - PE
2x Pax
$100 NZD + silver uplift accepted 5 days out
Old May 4, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
NZ123
AKL-MEL
Y (Works)-PE (77W with Spaceseat)
Ł60 with Gold uplift accepted 5 days out
Old May 5, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by macfod
I have always recieved email when lodged, but never never get any response to say successful or not, and nothing goes into spam.
But, I lodged a complaint two weeks ago and never got a reply yet..I have incident number...
Also emailed gold@airnz with a question 3 days ago...nothing ...ummm
Same happened to me, no idea why. They responded to my other inquiries but I'm waiting several weeks now for answers as to why I heard nothing about my upgrade. I've sent a follow-up email as well. Nothing.
Old May 5, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: airnz gold
so busy

I called Airnz today ...nice friendly girl...said they were so busy with emails they could not cope...with good things and complaints
Old May 5, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
They should stop accepting email inquiries. I emailed them a question about interline baggage and ski equipment (since their website and LH's did not concur) 8 weeks before my departure. Got a reply the day after I returned home from that 3 week trip.

Lame.

Originally Posted by macfod
I called Airnz today ...nice friendly girl...said they were so busy with emails they could not cope...with good things and complaints
Old May 7, 2017, 6:37 am

Long time lurker, first time poster.
NZ1
3 passengers (including g a 2.5 year old, sorry fellow passengers, we're looking forward to this toddler flight even less than you!)
​​​​​​ AUK-LAX
Y-PE
$510 USD bid successful, (low end of strong band) 5 days out. No status.
RIP spaceseat! Will enjoy our last trip with the spaceseat, we got to experience them in 2013. Was just looking for a good fare to OOL and got an amazing (unpublished, compulsive route checking) fare of $800 pp r/t, so this is the icing on the cake. We only bid $285 pp on return, so doubt we'll get that one.

Last edited by Button; May 7, 2017 at 6:39 am Reason: Added info
Old May 18, 2017, 2:07 pm

Location: San Francisco Bay Area (originally Melbourne Australia)
NZ7, 17th May 2017
SFO to AKL
Economy to premium economy
Bid US$495 with silver uplift, paid using Airpoints

I was initially declined the day before, but very late into the boarding process (after the doors had been closed), I got an email saying that my bid was successful! Spoke to a flight attendant and they relocated me from economy to premium economy. The flight attendant seemed pretty confused that the bid was accepted so late into the boarding process.

I'm glad I didn't put my phone on airplane mode yet, otherwise I would have missed the email
Old May 18, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel15
NZ7, 17th May 2017
SFO to AKL
Economy to premium economy
Bid US$495 with silver uplift, paid using Airpoints

I was initially declined the day before, but very late into the boarding process (after the doors had been closed), I got an email saying that my bid was successful! Spoke to a flight attendant and they relocated me from economy to premium economy. The flight attendant seemed pretty confused that the bid was accepted so late into the boarding process.

I'm glad I didn't put my phone on airplane mode yet, otherwise I would have missed the email
Did they cross reference? Or can you now make spoofed emails to show the cabin crew?
Old May 19, 2017, 12:44 am

Location: San Francisco Bay Area (originally Melbourne Australia)
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Did they cross reference? Or can you now make spoofed emails to show the cabin crew?
They did cross-reference, she took my full name and original seat number to confirm with ground crew. They didn't move me until they had gotten confirmation about the upgrade.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Now that would be despicable behaviour if someone did that !
Old May 19, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Strangely I was able to put in a One Up bid on my Monday flight LAX AKL (Y -> PE). I thought they had to be submitted a week before the segment?
Old May 20, 2017, 12:27 am

Finally, after about five weeks I got a response from Air NZ. They have absolutely no idea why I didn't get any emails regarding the status of my OneUp request. They said:

I have passed your feedback regarding the lack of a confirmation email to our One Up team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.