Search

Upgrade - SYS/AUK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Upgrade - SYD/AKL

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with upgrading from Economy to Business on 767 flights (say NZ102) between Sydney and Auckland.

I am Silver, have lots of Airpoints and can still do the 250 AP upgrade request until 12/7/12.

I am trialing ExpertFlyer which says there are at least 4 x Z - Business - Upgrade, seats available.

I am looking to travel from Auckland to Sydney 5/10/12 and 11 or 12/12/12.

What are my chances?

Thanks

Last edited by robbau; Jun 24, 2012 at 6:07 pm
Old Jun 24, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Welcome to FlyerTalk robbau

It may help if you put in the correct airport codes.
Sydney - SYD
Auckland - AKL

Expert Flyer has a presence on this site so you can email them for answers as well.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: Air NZ Silver.Qantas.Emerates
Originally Posted by robbau
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with upgrading from Economy to Business on 767 flights (say NZ102) between Sydney and Auckland.

I am Silver, have lots of Airpoints and can still do the 250 AP upgrade request until 12/7/12.

I am trialing ExpertFlyer which says there are at least 4 x Z - Business - Upgrade, seats available.

I am looking to travel from Auckland to Sydney 5/10/12 and 11 or 12/12/12.

What are my chances?

Thanks
Greetings.

I was silver a couple of months ago and used a recognition upgrade for myelf and upgraded the Mrs with my points.If you ring Air NZ 48 hours before the departure then thay will confirm. Also avoid row 4 as this row as limited recline due to being at the back.I have used siler recognition 3 times and they always give these row to silver as they are the worst in businesss class. If you can use them on a long haul leg then use as I do not think business class is not all that special 767 for the 3 hour flight. They are cutting corners in the the service deliver. Thats my 2 cents worth.

uakmoraj13
Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by uakmoraj13
Greetings.

If you ring Air NZ 48 hours before the departure then thay will confirm. Also avoid row 4 as this row as limited recline due to being at the back.I have used siler recognition 3 times and they always give these row to silver as they are the worst in businesss class. If you can use them on a long haul leg then use as I do not think business class is not all that special 767 for the 3 hour flight.

uakmoraj13
Thanks for your reply.

I have used my recognition upgrade and unfortunately got the taste for business class. When I used it a couple of weeks ago, I got row 3, so that was ok.

Alas, I don't have any long haul on my travel horizon. I know it would be much nicer to be upgraded on a longer route.

In any case, I was wondering if people knew my likelihood of getting a standby upgrade on the SYD AKL route.

Thanks
Old Jun 24, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: QF Gold
I'd give you a reasonably good chance.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Welcome to FlyerTalk robbau

It may help if you put in the correct airport codes.
Sydney - SYD
Auckland - AKL
But I WANT to fly SYS-AUK!

(NZ should start flying to AUK since it seems to be a very popular airport on this forum... )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.