Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Seats to Suit on AKLPPT / AKLHNL Nonstop Services- What's next

Seats to Suit on AKLPPT / AKLHNL Nonstop Services- What's next

Old May 19, 2012, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Please don't tell me this means NRT-AKL is getting downgraded to a 767 from September to free up the aircraft. Every time I book this route that happens. Have had 4 bookings on this route and never flown it once due to aircraft swaps!
Unfortunately it looks like NRT has been downgraded to 767
Old May 19, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Apart from recliner vs flatbed, how is experience on 767 inferior compared with 772? Is AVOD a lot poorer on 767?
Old May 19, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Does PVG also gets from time to time the 767 or is it only NRT and KIX?

I have other bookings in mind to NRT and would therefore opt to reroute AKL-PVG-NRT, in case that PVG is safe to have 772 flying.
Old May 19, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
PVG is always 77E.
Old May 19, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)

I have other bookings in mind to NRT and would therefore opt to reroute AKL-PVG-NRT, in case that PVG is safe to have 772 flying.
I guess the NZ 767-300ER does not have the range to make PVG non-stop.
Old May 19, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I guess the NZ 767-300ER does not have the range to make PVG non-stop.
Shanghai based crew are never trained to operate on a B767. Also I would think the freight the 777s carry is vital to this route.
Old May 21, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver
This seems to be the case until the end of October and then back to 777 after that (for now). Hopefully my mid-Nov flight will remain 777 as I think the Japan-New Zealand tourist market starts to pick up at that time of year? Really hope so!
Old May 21, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by rownada
Apart from recliner vs flatbed, how is experience on 767 inferior compared with 772? Is AVOD a lot poorer on 767?
The 767 AVOD is way more advance than the 772 AVOD
Old May 21, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DCF
Really?

I bet those "Seat" only fares are just flying out the door with the army of backpackers going to Bora Bora!

I'm pretty upbeat about these changes. I think that Air NZ will end up quietly reversing them, just like Pacific Express and Nothing To Hide.

Gimmicks are just that. They wear off after a while. Unfortunately, sometimes by that time the HVCs are already nowhere to be seen.
Not sure about that. HVCs will still try to stick with NZ. TN is not really on alliance with anyone. So for people who want to earn points/status credits they will still stick with NZ.
Old May 21, 2012, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
The 767 AVOD is way more advance than the 772 AVOD
I have to agree with you on this, I prefer the 767 AVOD but wish it was a lie flat seat instead of a recliner.
Old May 21, 2012, 10:01 pm

Programs: NZ*E
Confirmed by Wingtips

AIRCRAFT DOWNGAUGE BETWEEN AUCKLAND - TOKYO
Air New Zealand will make a number of capacity adjustments to flights between Auckland and Tokyo to match capacity with demand. Air New Zealands Monday/Sunday services between 02 Jul 27 Aug 2012 will be operated by B767-300 aircraft and all flights between 2 Sep and 27 October 2012 will be operated by B767-300 aircraft.

Business Premier customers with tickets issued on 086 ticket stock affected by the aircraft down gauge can apply for a refund of the difference between the fare paid and the applicable Business Class fare. Please submit the application via BSP link (preferred), or email through to [email protected]. Premium Economy customers will be re-accommodated in the B767-300 Business Class cabin. Tickets should be reissued with the endorsement CABIN UPGRADE DUE SCH CHG.
Old May 21, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold
So boo if you had booked BP, yay if you booked PE.
Old May 22, 2012, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Shazzadude
So boo if you had booked BP, yay if you booked PE.
So the Business Cabin is being treated as PE?
Old May 22, 2012, 3:30 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by usa18dca
So the Business Cabin is being treated as PE?
No, the Business Cabin is for Business, but if you had booked PE on the 772 you will be upgraded to Business on the 763.
Old May 22, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mmonster
Business Premier customers with tickets issued on 086 ticket stock affected by the aircraft down gauge can apply for a refund of the difference between the fare paid and the applicable Business Class fare. Please submit the application via BSP link (preferred), or email through to [email protected]. Premium Economy customers will be re-accommodated in the B767-300 Business Class cabin. Tickets should be reissued with the endorsement CABIN UPGRADE DUE SCH CHG.
Personally I'd be asking for the difference between the fare paid and the premium economy fare given the above!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.