Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Seats to Suit on AKLPPT / AKLHNL Nonstop Services- What's next

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seats to Suit on AKLPPT / AKLHNL Nonstop Services- What's next

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: QF Gold
True, but they're a co-operation partner moreso than competition.

LHR-LAX and HKG-LHR are competitive routes too, I guess I should mean all long-hauls departing from Oceania.
Old May 9, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Air New Zealand is pleased to announce an upgauge to a Boeing 777-200ER aircraft year round on its non-stop trans-Tasman alliance service between Auckland and Perth, boosting capacity on the busy route by 20% in the upcoming financial year.

The introduction of the 777-200ER on Auckland-Perth adds an additional 70 seats on each flight and introduces lie-flat Business Premier beds and Premium Economy to the route.

The 304-seat aircraft will begin operating the 7-8 hour flight from 3 September, replacing the 234-seat Boeing 767
I can't see any B777-200ER operating as from SEP 3.... aren't the flights not yet loaded? I'm booked on October and hope for the B777
Old May 10, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Atlantico
I can't see any B777-200ER operating as from SEP 3.... aren't the flights not yet loaded? I'm booked on October and hope for the B777
My booking was still showing 763 yesterday, but 772 today.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Same here today
Old May 10, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Please don't tell me this means NRT-AKL is getting downgraded to a 767 from September to free up the aircraft. Every time I book this route that happens. Have had 4 bookings on this route and never flown it once due to aircraft swaps!
Old May 10, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Now someone correct me if I am wrong however a few years back I recall when BA were playing around with their domestic services and tried to remove food from such services. However LHR rules state that only full service airlines can opperate from heathrow and even though the rest of ba now defunt domestic service was foodless or paid for, flights from lhr remained full service, even though it was just a sandwich. Hence S2S could not work on LHR routes as customers must be served a meal.. like I said, someone correct me if I am wrong...
Old May 10, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Please don't tell me this means NRT-AKL is getting downgraded to a 767 from September to free up the aircraft. Every time I book this route that happens. Have had 4 bookings on this route and never flown it once due to aircraft swaps!
Don't hope it will be the case, as I also have 6 bookings on that route....
Just checked some dates in June and 767 is operating AKL-NRT....

Hope not as of September it will change, but wondering form where they are taking the 777 for ther PER route?

Last edited by Atlantico; May 11, 2012 at 1:26 am Reason: Typo
Old May 10, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
Now someone correct me if I am wrong however a few years back I recall when BA were playing around with their domestic services and tried to remove food from such services. However LHR rules state that only full service airlines can opperate from heathrow and even though the rest of ba now defunt domestic service was foodless or paid for, flights from lhr remained full service, even though it was just a sandwich. Hence S2S could not work on LHR routes as customers must be served a meal.. like I said, someone correct me if I am wrong...
You are wrong! BD have been BOB ex LHR on certain routes for years (pay for drinks and food). There are plenty of other examples. Certainly never heard of such a thing.
Old May 10, 2012, 4:28 pm

We are booked AKL-PPT-AKL in Aug/Sep and can't access our seat reservations any longer since "Seats to Suit" started.
Is it a glitch, metal change etc.?
Old May 10, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
What About Tickets Already Booked?

I already have some tickets booked on the AKL - HNL rout. What happens to them now? Which category would they fall into?
Old May 10, 2012, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Atlantico
The lag between when things are known public and when things come through in the reservations system can be highly beneficial. Obviously it is not a long lag. Enjoy your 777 flight.
Old May 10, 2012, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aldemar
We are booked AKL-PPT-AKL in Aug/Sep and can't access our seat reservations any longer since "Seats to Suit" started.
Is it a glitch, metal change etc.?
You mean online? Most likely a glitch.
Originally Posted by CTcowboy
I already have some tickets booked on the AKL - HNL rout. What happens to them now? Which category would they fall into?
Nothing - Economy stays Economy (now known as The Works) and Business stays Business.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: NZ Air Points (Gold Elite), Velocity (Platinum), Emirates (Gold)
So, correct me if I'm wrong. I've flown plenty of airlines that charge for food onboard for domestic flights (all the US airlines, Air Canada, Virgin Australia, etc). However, all of these provide free meals on long-haul flights. When I flew Virgin Australia just recently to LAX, all the food and alcohol were free in economy.

Is Air NZ dipping below this? Are they really going to charge people for food on long-haul international flights? What other airlines do this? (I'm not talking trans-tasman flights; I'm talking real long-haul.)

I started flying Air NZ in 2009 and wow, how far they have plummeted in a few short years!
Old May 10, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by birder
So, correct me if I'm wrong. I've flown plenty of airlines that charge for food onboard for domestic flights (all the US airlines, Air Canada, Virgin Australia, etc). However, all of these provide free meals on long-haul flights. When I flew Virgin Australia just recently to LAX, all the food and alcohol were free in economy.

Is Air NZ dipping below this? Are they really going to charge people for food on long-haul international flights? What other airlines do this? (I'm not talking trans-tasman flights; I'm talking real long-haul.)

I started flying Air NZ in 2009 and wow, how far they have plummeted in a few short years!
I know what you are saying. When I look at Scoot's fares I see they copied exactly NZ's fare structure but they are a by definition low cost carrier. With NZ they are trying to be both. I think they can do whatever with their monopoly routes but when it comes to routes with direct competition, they would be really digging their grave if they move them to S2S.
Old May 11, 2012, 4:37 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I know what you are saying. When I look at Scoot's fares I see they copied exactly NZ's fare structure but they are a by definition low cost carrier. With NZ they are trying to be both. I think they can do whatever with their monopoly routes but when it comes to routes with direct competition, they would be really digging their grave if they move them to S2S.
Really?

I bet those "Seat" only fares are just flying out the door with the army of backpackers going to Bora Bora!

I'm pretty upbeat about these changes. I think that Air NZ will end up quietly reversing them, just like Pacific Express and Nothing To Hide.

Gimmicks are just that. They wear off after a while. Unfortunately, sometimes by that time the HVCs are already nowhere to be seen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.