Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

OT: AKL wins Skytrax for Best Aust/Pac Airport

Old May 1, 2012, 11:55 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Yesterday was a good day. 10 minutes off NZ288. Fast walk, Duty free, Smart Gate, Checked bag already on the belt, and straight through MAF.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: VA Gold, Aegean *G, QF, SQ...etc
I fly through both AKL and MEL regularly, and AKL is a damn sight better than MEL. Arrival yesterday with a checked bag when we were the only plane landing at that time and I waited 15 minutes for the carousel to even start turning. Arrival into AKL at the same time as several other flights on ANZAC day, and even disembarking from J and clearing through smartgate I had to chase my bag down before it went back through the curtain. The longest part of the experience was sorting out my rental car. MEL also looks tired and horrible in arrivals these days, though departures are not too bad. AKL looks decent in both directions.
Old May 4, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Shazzadude
I've done plane to carpark in 6 minutes at AKL (no checked luggage obviously).
Yeap, in and out of AKL every week. I think I can even manage better than 6 minutes at times, although not if they park the plane at gate 15!
Old May 4, 2012, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

I understand that pax volume affects ratings ie a brilliant small airport with low pax volumes will be scored lower than a more so-so airport with very high pax volumes.

Just my sense from some comments posted at the end of the yahoo news article I read this morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.