Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage credit and EQM's missing.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, AA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Sheraton Gold
Mileage credit and EQM's missing.

First time on ANZ so would appreciate some guidance. Recently my wife and I flew SYD/AKL/SYD. We were on economy tickets called "The Works." I learned that by calling ANZ and asking. No where on my Expedia receipt was that indicated nor was the fare class indicated. Ditto the ANZ boarding passes, only indicated *G, and didn't show our MP numbers.

We've been back home over a month now and nothing has posted relative to air miles or status miles. I've held off calling the MP desk since things at United are a little (or a lot depending on your experience) discombobulated at the moment due to the CO/UA merger. I did mail my passes and a letter to MP but that could take weeks. Wondering if someone here can shed some light on whether credit will be eventually forthcoming?

BTW, we really enjoyed ANZ and the Koru lounge in SYD was our home on three different occasions. Very nice all the way around. My only complaints, very minor ones, would be the premium check-in area in AKL. It's quite congested in the early morning and needs a little more space I believe. And the walk to the AKL to SYD flight gate. That's a hike!

Thanks for the help.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, AA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Sheraton Gold
I was thinking: is this issue maybe related to the assignment of new FF numbers on March 3, 2012 for United members? I used my old numbers when I purchased the tix since those were the only ones I had. By the time we flew, new numbers were assigned. Thx.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Unfortunately a good portion of AirNZ economy fares are non-points-earning on anything other than AirPoints. Unless you had a flexible fare, it's likely to be no points for you.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:06 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's quite possible that you won't get any PQM for this trip. If your ticket were booked as Smart Savers, then you won't earn United miles. Here is a guide to the kind-of-service (works/seat) vs. fare class distinction on NZ.

But this is all incredibly opaque on the Air NZ booking engine, where it doesn't show you fare class.

It is easier to parse than it used to be, there were some Tasman saver fares which did earn, but now only the flexi fares earn on United.

Air NZ: great in the sky, not great in your frequent flyer account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.