Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Afraid of flying..where to sit in NZ C 772?

Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Hey,

i am afraid of flying and the start is no fun for me. normally i have my ritual but holding my wifes hand is not really possible with the herringbone seats.
what is better, sitting behind ech other or windows and middle for holding hand?
thanks for help.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:06 am

Window and middle. Sitting by the tail means you get the most movement in the plane, so try to sit up front. I'm terrified of flying but live travel, so unfortunately I do it at least once a week. It doesn't get easier, but you'll eventually develop an obsessive compulsive procedure for dealing with it...by the time you're done you'll already be in the air or landed!

Remember - deep breaths. Focus on the length of breaths and the act of breathing. Try to remind yourself that statistically, flying is one of the safest methods of travel, and good luck!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Sitting behind each other (e.g. 3A/4A) will allow you to awkwardly hold hands over the divider.

Suggest you distract yourself with the nice business seat; and perhaps by starting a movie immediately before takeoff. The IFE is available as soon as you sit down.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by Spunwasi
Window and middle.
Window and middle will not work for holding hands as this would involve reaching across the aisle which is not possible when seatbelted in.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
I hate flying, too. I begin my coping early on by being fanatical about where I'm going to sit. It gives me a feeling of control!

I agree that one behind the other is better - 3A and 4A are good. You can communicate better and, yes, hold hands although with difficulty. I must admit that the seating pattern took me a while to get used to, but my husband likes not having his hand crushed every time there's a bump. LOL

Business Class is so much better as the staff (mostly) have time to chat. The service is better and there's usually something going on to pass the time such as ordering drinks, choosing the meal etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.