Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R Class upgrade. Change to earn on UA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I am reading this thread with interest, as early next week I plan to swap my *E number out for earning and put my Velocity number in.

I am in R class (originally L) and would rather go through the hoops to earn a handful of points and status credits with VA rather than another Airpoint.

My only issue is whether this could this affect the R class return booking next year?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I attempted this last night out of LAX. I did bring a have a printout of this thread.

Enthusiastic Agent was not fazed about the request at all - but initially insisted the Velocity Number needed to go against FQTS.

I dug out this printout to check, telling her it was a message from "my agent".

Initially, my BP had the following:

Code:
COMMENTS:    FQTV NZ                            NZ*G
After the process my new BP had:

Code:
COMMENTS:    NZ*G  FQTV DJ                      DJ-G
Lets see how it posts (I do have Velocity Gold status). I can still look my booking up under my Airpoints account on MyAirNZ.com.

Last edited by serfty; May 11, 2015 at 5:15 am
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
Lets see how it posts (I do have Velocity Gold status). I can still look my booking up under my Airpoints account on MyAirNZ.com.
My Velocity SC's and points posted to my Velocity account today - correctly based on the Air NZ original booking class. ^

Whew - I was expecting to have to put in a claim.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did this again on Monday.

As before, my BP had the following:

Code:
COMMENTS:    FQTV NZ                            NZ*G
After the process my new BP had:

Code:
COMMENTS:    NZ*G  FQTV VA                      VA*E
The DJ has changed to VA and my VA status is now Platinum.

Interestingly, about an hour after doing this I received a call from a +64 number with a lass stating they were from AirNZ and asking why I had changed my earnings and was I aware I would be unlikely to be re-qualifying Gold Elite if I continued to do such.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Hope you told them because they have a poor programme you are better off earning else where.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:21 pm

Interestingly, about an hour after doing this I received a call from a +64 number with a lass stating they were from AirNZ and asking why I had changed my earnings and was I aware I would be unlikely to be re-qualifying Gold Elite if I continued to do such.
Bahaha.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight between AKL and LAX credited correctly to Velocity overnight ...
Old Oct 11, 2013, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight between AKL and LAX credited correctly to Velocity overnight ...
What I did not mention was a flight I had to SFO in March.

The routing was MEL-xAKL-SFO and at the MEL lounge they could change the FF numbers but not print BP. I was advised I could get new BP's at the gate if I wanted. I did so, but after boarding realised only the MEL-AKL had the new information. So at the AKL lounge I approached the service desk armed with my BP and my 'agents' instruction sheet. I was handed the shett back, being advised they had done these many times and knew what to do.

Anyhoo, you guessed it, something went wrong and no points posted anywhere - it took a bit of to and fro but finally posted in August (thank you "Velocity Rewards" to AFF/FT company representative.).

Last edited by serfty; Oct 20, 2013 at 5:10 pm
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Didn't want to start a new thread..

Does anyone know why the person on the phone couldn't figure this out? Is it something which can only be done at the airport? Or has NZ removed this feature now? I tried ringing up but the guy couldn't find any such FQTS field.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: NZ G, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by ANZ787900
Didn't want to start a new thread..

Does anyone know why the person on the phone couldn't figure this out? Is it something which can only be done at the airport? Or has NZ removed this feature now? I tried ringing up but the guy couldn't find any such FQTS field.
From previous posts and threads:

If the person you're talking to can't find it, call back until you get someone who can.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When doing this it's best to forget FQTV/FQTS.

See post #6:
Originally Posted by NZ*Trout
And if the check-in agent doesn't know the keystrokes to achieve this, the following should do it:

Code:
1/F/UA123456789
1/F/S/NZ12345678
I presume the first line changes all FF data items, the second changes the status FF item only, leaving the others as set with the first line.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Note that the code snippet quoted above is specifically for the check-in/airport system. I have always done this at the airport so never got around to figuring out the magic required to achieve this in the booking system.

In any case, AirNZers' comprehension of their own processes and products varies markedly. The last time I flew out of NPE the station manager swore that "having two frequent flier numbers" was not possible. When presented with a printout of the exact required keystrokes she still managed to muck it up, thus reinforcing her incorrect knowledge and making me look like a plonker.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Thanks for everyone's help.

Originally Posted by robbau
From previous posts and threads:

If the person you're talking to can't find it, call back until you get someone who can.
It's been a little while since the last post so I was unsure if it had changed or not. I'll give it a go at the airport.

When doing this it's best to forget FQTV/FQTS.

See post #6:I presume the first line changes all FF data items, the second changes the status FF item only, leaving the others as set with the first line.
Thanks. I'm UA*G flying NZ trans tasman tomorrow so it's not for R class but I've booked into a non-flexi fare so I wouldn't earn on UA.

Originally Posted by NZ*Trout
Note that the code snippet quoted above is specifically for the check-in/airport system. I have always done this at the airport so never got around to figuring out the magic required to achieve this in the booking system.

In any case, AirNZers' comprehension of their own processes and products varies markedly. The last time I flew out of NPE the station manager swore that "having two frequent flier numbers" was not possible. When presented with a printout of the exact required keystrokes she still managed to muck it up, thus reinforcing her incorrect knowledge and making me look like a plonker.
Thanks. I'll keep this in mind and probably see if the lounge staff can do it. If not, then I guess I don't really care about priority boarding
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Crediting to Velocity

What I did not mention was a flight I had to SFO in March.

The routing was MEL-xAKL-SFO and at the MEL lounge they could change the FF numbers but not print BP. I was advised I could get new BP's at the gate if I wanted. I did so, but after boarding realised only the MEL-AKL had the new information. So at the AKL lounge I approached the service desk armed with my BP and my 'agents' instruction sheet. I was handed the shett back, being advised they had done these many times and knew what to do.

Anyhoo, you guessed it, something went wrong and no points posted anywhere - it took a bit of to and fro but finally posted in August (thank you "Velocity Rewards" to AFF/FT company representative.).
Hi S
Just one quick question
Can all Airnz flights be credited to Velocity (subject to the correct fare class) ?
I thought only TT could be done
Followed your advice and had the points changed at the lounge
They got it wrong and changed all the feilds
As they did not issue a new boarding pass I did not know until a FA who knew my status said to me the manifest stated no status ...he initially wanted to fix it ...
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What lounge mucked it up? I have always taken a printout as above - the only time it was mucked up was in the AKL International lounge when the agent at the service desk handed the paper back stating they "knew how to do it".

Except for Pacific Island flights, any AirNZ flight, if in an eligible booking class can earn with Velocity.

(http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com...#airnewzealand)

Last edited by serfty; Dec 3, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.