TT newb questions

Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:39 am
NHM
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE
TT newb questions

Hi

I haven't flown TT for a while now, since these new fares came in and doing these flights this Friday and back Sunday

AKL-SYD
767-300
NZ105

SYD-AKL
777-300
NZ118

Wondering if its worth spending the $30 extra each way to get "meals/movies"

As GE can I expect to get an upgrade in PE or J anyway?

Do the $30 meals have booze?

Thanks
NHM
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: QF Gold
Koru/G/GE can only sit in the PE seats if they're on a works fare or if there are any PE seats left on check-in.

Yes, the $30 includes booze.

You're only likely to get an upgrade to J (without using paid upgrades or complimentary upgrades) if economy's sold out.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:27 am
NHM
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*GE
if I get an upgrade to PE will I need to pay the $30 to get a meal?

I'll be thirsty, is there enough rounds to drink $30 worth?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:36 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
PE isn't sold, the seats are simply used for Elites and/or Works Deluxe. For that leg alone its worth upgrading to Works and choosing a PE seat in advance
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
In short, reflecting what others have said:

1. The $30 extra for meal and movies includes booze.
2. As an Air NZ GE on the 777 flight you'll should automatically get upgraded to the PE Spaceseat if you buy the "Works" product (i.e. the $30 extra)
3. The 767 does not have PE seating (or Space + anymore) so you wont get upgraded seating on that flight, but should be able to sit in the front 767 cabin if you pre-select it (nothing special, just smaller and quicker for entry/exit). You are highly unlikely to be upgraded to C on that flight without a specific Airpoints upgrade request.
4. The 777s do have PE seating, but no PE soft product Trans-Tasman. It is purely used for those with status booked in Works/Works Deluxe. You are highly unlikely to be upgraded to C on that flight without a specific Airpoints upgrade request.

I'd say that the $30 is worth it to get Spaceseat on the way back, but it is up to you.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: NZG,QF S
Well summarized libertyuk.
Expertflyer shows remaining PE seats on Sun flight as being available on Works Deluxe fare only.
However, just ask at check-in or in lounge to shift you into PE area.These are usually not all sold. As a GE they should be able to do this for you. (note you do need to ask. It is not automatic. Have found on recent TT flights on 773 , GE's down the back & many non status pax in PE seats)
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: AirNZ Koru
I think you'll find everyone has access to movies on the 777-300ER, regardless of class. Atleast, it use to be like this. But if you can drink enough IMO the $30 is definitely worth it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.