Wiki Posts
Search

miss flight and rebook

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
miss flight and rebook

I am new to Air New Zealand and have a quick question regarding ANZ's general rebooking policy. I have booked one way tickets from MEL to AKL for late Jan leaving around 4:30pm. Since then, we planned to drive the Great Ocean Road on the same day which will cut very close to our scheduled departure time (we plan to do the drive very early in the morning). If we indeed miss the flight, will ANZ rebook us for a later flight on the same day? I see there is a flight departing at 6:30 pm that day and it's not full.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
What booking class is your fare?

Are you on a flexi fare?

Flexi - they will put you on the next service with an $35 change fee + fare difference. Which on day of departure can be easy $200-$500 more than your original fare.

Smart Saver - You will need to purchase a new ticket, example of buy a ticketing on day of departure is NZ726 tonight. The going rate is NZD$790 (The Works) per person

Fare rules

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/tasma...rt-saver-fares
http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/tasma...ic-flexi-fares

Last edited by cavemanzk; Jan 8, 2012 at 8:16 pm
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Smart Saver - You will need to purchase a new ticket, example of buy a ticketing on day of departure is NZ726 tonight. The going rate is NZD$790 (The Works) per person
Actually I believe for Tasman Smart Savers the only different for rebooking on the day compared to Flexis is the extra $100 fee (unlike NZ domestic where no changes are allowed on the day). From the website:

•Tasman & Pacific Island Smart Saver fares may be changed right up to departure to another Air New Zealand Tasman or Pacific¹ fare. Fare upgrade will apply. Additional payments include:
◦a Contact Centre, Air New Zealand Holidays Store or Airport service fee of NZD $35 per person, per one way journey for changes made from within New Zealand. Note - if making changes from outside of New Zealand, you will be charged the local service fee applicable in the country you're calling from
◦a change fee of NZD $100 per person, per ticket (child and infant fares exempt)
Note - Change Fee waived if upgrading to Business Class cabin.
◦any difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare when a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Domestic Flexi

No service fees or fare difference will apply to flight changes made at the airport on the day of departure where changing to an earlier or later flight** departing that day. Flight changes are subject to seat availability. All other changes will be subject to the above service fees plus any Fare Difference
Tasman Flexi
a Contact Centre, Air New Zealand Holidays Store or Airport service fee of NZD $35 per person, per one way journey, for changes made from within New Zealand. Note - if making changes from outside of New Zealand, you will be charged the local service fee applicable in the country you’re calling from
where a change requires the purchase of a higher priced fare, the difference between the original fare and the upgraded fare is payable
The Tasman Flexi don't have the term in it allow free day of departure changes.

Example
The OP has brought an: QWRKNF $456

The OP misses there original flight, there are seats left on NZ726. Although the only seats left are YWRKNF $953.

(New Fare) + (Service Fee) - Original Fare
953 + 35 - 456 = $532
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:01 pm

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Domestic Flexi

Tasman Flexi

The Tasman Flexi don't have the term in it allow free day of departure changes.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant to compare the two types of Tasman fare, key point both (smart savers and Flexis) can be changed on the day and will need a fare upgrade, unlike domestic smart savers which are use-or-lose on the day. The difference is the total fees are $135 for a smart saver vs. $35 for a flexi. Of course the fare upgrade is going to be higher for a smart saver.

Another thought - presumably the OP could avoid the $35 fee by changing online if they had access during the day and realised they were not going to make it. Probably not the highest priority given the situation, however.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
Thank you both! As it turns out, we will not have enough time to do the Great Ocean Road trip so that idea has been nixed. We will have to try the tour on our next trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.