A* lounge access

Old Dec 28, 11, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G, DJ S
A* lounge access

Hey there, I suspect the answer is yes, but I'm flying from ICN in Y with OZ to KIX, and then 3 hours later I'm flying from KIX-AKL in J. I'm hoping to be able to check in to AKL at ICN, if they print me out my ticket to AKL I could according to *A rules access the OZ lounge at ICN, yes?

Cheers.
Old Dec 28, 11, 4:34 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
At ICN, no lounge access.
Old Dec 28, 11, 7:59 pm

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Shazzadude View Post
Hey there, I suspect the answer is yes, but I'm flying from ICN in Y with OZ to KIX, and then 3 hours later I'm flying from KIX-AKL in J. I'm hoping to be able to check in to AKL at ICN, if they print me out my ticket to AKL I could according to *A rules access the OZ lounge at ICN, yes?

Cheers.
I think not (as ajnz notes), unless you have a single ticket booked on OZ and NZ AND J is not available on the ICN-KIX sector (which seems unlikely). Essentially a J OZ/NZ ticket from ICN-(KIX)-AKL but seated in Y ICN-KIX.

Which *A rule regarding lounge access do you reckon allows what you have asked about?

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Dec 28, 11 at 8:09 pm
Old Dec 29, 11, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Which *A rule regarding lounge access do you reckon allows what you have asked about?
I'm assuming the OP means the rule that says a passenger holding a same-day "boarding pass for travel in International Business Class on a Star Alliance flight" gains access to *A lounges.

It seems not to specify that it must be from the same departure airport (probably to deal with the domestic/non-C connecting flight situations) though perhaps that is how it is policed in practice.
Old Dec 29, 11, 1:33 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by stewardo View Post
I'm assuming the OP means the rule that says a passenger holding a same-day "boarding pass for travel in International Business Class on a Star Alliance flight" gains access to *A lounges.

It seems not to specify that it must be from the same departure airport (probably to deal with the domestic/non-C connecting flight situations) though perhaps that is how it is policed in practice.
Except it does say that. From staralliance.com

International Business Class Customers: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.
Customer must present a boarding pass for travel in International Business Class on a Star Alliance flight
Customer must be departing from the local airport in International Business Class
Old Dec 30, 11, 4:19 am
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The *A lounge access rules changed a couple of years ago. Previously just needed same-day *A business flight (or *G), but now it is same day and same airport.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: