MEL-AKL: Seat & Bag for *G (LH Senator)

Old Dec 1, 11, 10:38 am
Original Poster

MEL-AKL: Seat & Bag for *G (LH Senator)

I just booked some very reasonably priced ticket for me (*G), my wife, my daughter (child) and son (infant). For all of us I purchased the "Seat and Bag" Option.

Some questions:
- Can I use Business Class Check In in MEL?
- Do I get access to the NZ Lounge in MEL with all my family?
- How much are the meals to purchase during the flight (worth it or better bring our own food)? How to pay them? In cash? Credit card? Do they stock enough food for all passengers or is there the risk they are running out of meals at the evening flight 6.30 pm.?

Any help is kindly appreciated.

THX,
Old Dec 1, 11, 2:37 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Bussnies Class Check-in
Yes

Lounge
You will get 1 Guest, they usally will not count kids that are under 12. Although the MEL lounge at times does get over crowed & is known to reject guests in this case

Meals
See http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/new-t...g-and-drinking

Food/Drink ordering is done though the IFE system & payment is by Credit Card/Debt Card only.

Ive never been on a flight where they have run out of items yet, they are well stocked as most items are long life.

Note there aren't really any meals to purchase onboard they are more just snacks. If you want an meal you will need to upgrade to "the Works" for $30 before depature.
Old Dec 1, 11, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. Most helpful!
Old Dec 1, 11, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Thansa View Post
I just booked some very reasonably priced ticket for me (*G), my wife, my daughter (child) and son (infant). For all of us I purchased the "Seat and Bag" Option.

Some questions:
- Can I use Business Class Check In in MEL?
- Do I get access to the NZ Lounge in MEL with all my family?
- How much are the meals to purchase during the flight (worth it or better bring our own food)? How to pay them? In cash? Credit card? Do they stock enough food for all passengers or is there the risk they are running out of meals at the evening flight 6.30 pm.?
For future reference, as *Gs on several programs, my travel partner and I have determined the easiest and best way to deal with Air NZ's Trans-Tasman pricing and "services" options is to simply fly EK
Old Dec 2, 11, 4:04 am

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold, VA Gold, BA paeon, VS rabble, NZ A$ bru
Originally Posted by cavemanzk View Post
Lounge
You will get 1 Guest, they usally will not count kids that are under 12. Although the MEL lounge at times does get over crowed & is known to reject guests in this case
In which case, you have access to the SQ lounge (quieter, though a little dark and without a view) and the United Club (open 10am-1pm only). Neither are especially busy as a rule.
Old Dec 5, 11, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
For future reference, as *Gs on several programs, my travel partner and I have determined the easiest and best way to deal with Air NZ's Trans-Tasman pricing and "services" options is to simply fly EK
But EK was in our case 200AUSD more expensive, but otherwise I would have chosen them...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: