S2S Domestic?

Old Nov 29, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold, VA Gold, BA paeon, VS rabble, NZ A$ bru
Originally Posted by mad_atta
It must be barely used these days. It's never been much of a lounge anyway, IMHO - I always far preferred the domestic one.
I passed through it yesterday en route WLG-BNE-MEL (avoiding the "yes, I absolutely want to wake up at 3am for the only direct flight" situation) and was underwhelmed.

Nice that they've got the Lindauer Special Reserve bubbles in the little bottles though. I like a good Pinot-y fizz.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Can elites still choose seats on a seat fare?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:41 pm

Programs: NZ Air Points (Gold Elite), Velocity (Platinum), Emirates (Gold)
Originally Posted by Shazzadude
I seriously doubt it. It will be like on TT: you can pick 3 hours before the flight leaves. Of course, if the flight is close to full, the seats will already be taken up by non-HVCs who were put there because there were no other empty seats.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by birder
I seriously doubt it. It will be like on TT: you can pick 3 hours before the flight leaves. Of course, if the flight is close to full, the seats will already be taken up by non-HVCs who were put there because there were no other empty seats.
I think from the information available online, HVCs can still request Space+ seats as normal on Seat Only. This is different from short haul international.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Shazzadude
Yes. See the attached: http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/domestic-fares
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:44 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by ThatJohn
I passed through it yesterday en route WLG-BNE-MEL (avoiding the "yes, I absolutely want to wake up at 3am for the only direct flight" situation) and was underwhelmed.

Nice that they've got the Lindauer Special Reserve bubbles in the little bottles though. I like a good Pinot-y fizz.
Ugh, early morning departures to Oz, best avoided. I have hideous memories of those from back when I was working in Sydney but the better half was in Wellington. I had it down to a fine art: up at about 4.20 Monday morning for a 6.40 departure, hand luggage only, straight to the office in SYD on arrival. My god the day at work wouldn't half drag though.

Even I, for those early departures, stayed off the alcohol but at any other time would also welcome a drop of Lindauer Special Reserve, it's pretty good stuff. What are they serving in Y across the Tasman onboard these days? Is that promo still happening whereby they are serving Montana Reserve wines instead of the basic ones? I shall be back on SYD-WLG in January, after rather a long absence, and since there's no possibility to upgrade to J these days I shall be thrown at the mercy of the current Y class wine offering, so this is of great interest...

Last edited by mad_atta; Nov 29, 2011 at 9:38 pm
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:52 pm

Programs: NZ Air Points (Gold Elite), Velocity (Platinum), Emirates (Gold)
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I think from the information available online, HVCs can still request Space+ seats as normal on Seat Only. This is different from short haul international.
Well, I'll be darned! Some good news for once!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold, VA Gold, BA paeon, VS rabble, NZ A$ bru
Ugh, early morning departures to Oz, best avoided.
Indeed. I flew a ridiculous roundabout WLG-BNE-MEL route, got a load of work done en route and still felt more human at the end of the day than had I woken up at stupid o'clock.

Is that promo still happening whereby they are serving Montana Reserve wines instead of the basic ones? I shall be back on SYD-WLG in January, after rather a long absence, and since there's no possibility to upgrade to J these days I shall be thrown at the mercy of the current Y class wine offering, so this is of great interest...
If memory serves, it was a choice of Brancott Sav, Pinot or Gris. There was a fizz too. The site says it's the Brancott Reserve; regardless, it was piddly airline bottles and the nana sitting next to me screwed her nose up at the Gris, for whatever that's worth.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Ugh, early morning departures to Oz, best avoided. I have hideous memories of those from back when I was working in Sydney but the better half was in Wellington. I had it down to a fine art: up at about 4.20 Monday morning for a 6.40 departure, hand luggage only, straight to the office in SYD on arrival. My god the day at work wouldn't half drag though.
Sounds like you lot need to harden up a bit. I did WLG-MEL weekly (Mon/Fri), and later AKL-MEL. It really wasn't so bad, although AKL-MEL was much easier since it was typically in J on a 744.

I don't miss the commuting but it really wasn't as bad as a colleague who commuted PER-MEL on the red-eye every week -in Y. That definitely would have sucked.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by ajnz
Sounds like you lot need to harden up a bit. I did WLG-MEL weekly (Mon/Fri), and later AKL-MEL. It really wasn't so bad, although AKL-MEL was much easier since it was typically in J on a 744.

I don't miss the commuting but it really wasn't as bad as a colleague who commuted PER-MEL on the red-eye every week -in Y. That definitely would have sucked.
True, definitely not as bad as the PER to east coast redyes, but still surprisingly exhausting for an itinerary that only involves a 2hr time difference, a relatively short flight, and westbound travel direction (all of which should make it easy). It's just the uber early start that gets you, especially if, like me, you're genetically incapable of going to bed early no matter how early you have to wake up... :P
Old Dec 9, 2011, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ThatJohn
Indeed. I flew a ridiculous roundabout WLG-BNE-MEL route, got a load of work done en route and still felt more human at the end of the day than had I woken up at stupid o'clock.

If memory serves, it was a choice of Brancott Sav, Pinot or Gris. There was a fizz too. The site says it's the Brancott Reserve; regardless, it was piddly airline bottles and the nana sitting next to me screwed her nose up at the Gris, for whatever that's worth.
Brancott = rebranded Montana. Montana was sold as Brancott Estates in USA for many years since Montana the state does not associate well with wine. More recently they changed the branding elsewhere. I think this was after they had some export orders cancel and had problems getting rid of the good stuff in NZ.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ajnz

Fortunately I haven't had too many day trips from NZ to Oz, but they are always loooong ones.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Already seen the consequences of the new seat only fares. On an ATR flight a guy brought a cricket bag on board, defies belief how he managed to get it past the attendant in the terminal and needless to say it didn't fit in the overhead bin. 733 flight and the overhead bins were a lot more full than usual, several bags/cases having to be put down the back. If you are early to board you should be fine though
Old Dec 11, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
What sort of sized roll-a-board can you fit onto a Q300? or should I just try fast bag it. Even though aparently we can't use fast bag on Seat Only
Old Dec 11, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
What sort of sized roll-a-board can you fit onto a Q300? or should I just try fast bag it. Even though aparently we can't use fast bag on Seat Only
Considering I have trouble putting in my 15cm thick backpack on occassion I do not think any rollaboard will fit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.