Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air New Zealand / Virgin Australia Trans-Tasman Alliance Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air New Zealand / Virgin Australia Trans-Tasman Alliance Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
SilkAir and Shandong Airlines flights do count towards KrisFlyer and CA's PhoenixMiles status respectively abeit they are the *A carriers' wholy owned subsidiaries.
Those subsidiaries are actually non-*A affiliated, i.e. *A members cannot credit flights flown on SilkAir to any other FFP except for KrisFlyer. So there's a kind of anti-precedent to add to this Airpoints puzzle.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
$50 add on to trans-tasman fare for an extra DJ flight
$100 add on for an extra NZ flight

Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Anyone else booked an NZ/DJ flight on the NZ website and found it took for every for the booking to be processed?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:11 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Anyone else booked an NZ/DJ flight on the NZ website and found it took for every for the booking to be processed?
Got mine straight away after confirmation
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by brenrox
Got mine straight away after confirmation
I mean while still on the booking system, it took around 3minutes to come back with confirmed.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:25 pm

Does anyone else have a 763 flight that is over a month out on a Seat Only booking that can only select seats between row 20-25? Its like the rear half of the plane is locked
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I mean while still on the booking system, it took around 3minutes to come back with confirmed.
No it was normal - mind you I paid by POLi.

As to your other question, I have seat-only bookings on 777 & A320 and only 4-5 seats in the whole plane are selectable on both planes (booking for mid Aug).
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:16 am

Programs: QF Gold
So Pacific Blue flights don't earn status credits, right?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Shazzadude
So Pacific Blue flights don't earn status credits, right?
This is from the Koru Guide to the Tasman.

Status Points

Status points are earned on AirNZ flight numbers across the Tasman (e.g NZ101 or NZ7000) which icludes flights that are operated by Pacific Blue or Virgin Australia. If you book via Pacific Blue or Virgin AU for travel on an AIRNZ flight you (eg DJ8000), you will still earn Airpoints Dollars bassed on the PacBlue/VirginAU earn chart but not Status Points
So my under standing about be as long as you ticketed flight number starts with NZ, you will recievce status points?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:54 am

Programs: QF Gold
If you book a flight with DJ on the NZ site, I take it you can't use premium check-in?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Shazzadude
If you book a flight with DJ on the NZ site, I take it you can't use premium check-in?
Correct you have to check-in with the operateing airline, DJ does have a premium line though.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Just as an FYI, DJ do not provide any free in-flight entertainment on Seat or Seat+Bag fees. You need to pay extra to rent a Dig-e Player and the players are provided free if you are Works or Works Deluxe.

Good on Air NZ for actually stating this when you select a DJ flight on a Seat or Seat+Bag fare on the NZ website.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Just as an FYI, DJ do not provide any free in-flight entertainment on Seat or Seat+Bag fees. You need to pay extra to rent a Dig-e Player and the players are provided free if you are Works or Works Deluxe.

Good on Air NZ for actually stating this when you select a DJ flight on a Seat or Seat+Bag fare on the NZ website.
A bit of a rip off and the price is not $15 cheaper on DJ (cost of their digiplayer) than NZ.

What do you expect from a world renowned airline struggling to become a low cost carrier, its not always that easy to make yourself look cheap while charging high fares
Old Jul 31, 2011, 4:43 am

Programs: NZ*G
I've just flown on DJ57 from Wellington to Sydney which was purchased via Air NZ (flight number NZ7907). My status points haven't appeared yet and there is no way for me to manually claim them as NZ7907 isn't listed as an Air NZ flight on myairnz.co.nz! Looks like they haven't got all the systems in place - even the Koru lounge had no contact with the Pacific Blue ground crew so had to go to the gate to see if they were ready for boarding.

There is more to this which I'll share soon in a separate thread, as I've emailed airports gold support asking them how I can claim my missing status points.

In the meantime let me know if you have any specific questions about flying on an Air NZ ticketed Pacific Blue international flight.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by redroman
In the meantime let me know if you have any specific questions about flying on an Air NZ ticketed Pacific Blue international flight.
Just wondering how your NZ status is showing on DJ boarding pass. I read that DJ system would be able to identify NZ elite pax so just wondering how that was working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.