Wiki Posts
Search

W to WD seating

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
W to WD seating

Am flying to LAX in a few weeks in J. Flying to AKL on 718 on the A320 but was tiecketed in W. The seat map shows WD is being virtually empty. Can I request at the Airport to be moved from W to WD?

I think it stinks paying a J class fare and being seated in W, not that the benefits in WD are much to write home about.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
I dont think its worth you bothering. As a *G you will be seated in the reintroduced space+ section and if it is not updated (by now all should be) there is no difference on pitch anyway, unless u get row 2/3 def which has 1 inch. In regards to service the 'improved' WD product does not start until july so actual onboard service will be exactly the same.

it toally stinks that J class with TT conection does not get WD, I dont think that is much of an issue right now but come july I will feel pretty angry that as the highest 'bucket' fare passenger on the plane I will not get the wonderful cheese platter or first rows..!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:10 am

MrSydney, why don't you write to one of the Air New Zealand executives that has signed a mass mailing sent to you and ask them to fix it for you on that ticket? They tend to be pretty good like that.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Originally Posted by ntddevsys
MrSydney, why don't you write to one of the Air New Zealand executives that has signed a mass mailing sent to you and ask them to fix it for you on that ticket? They tend to be pretty good like that.
Thanks for the tip ...who shall i write too? Bruce P?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:43 am

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Skywards Gold
I am having breakfast with one of the management team, let me know if I can help ....
Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by nzatk
I am having breakfast with one of the management team, let me know if I can help ....
hi nztak, i guess this is like a wish list?

are you able to ask s/he wether the "thick" mattress can be rolled out to all 772 BP? and also slipper upon request. (like the one that has been offered on Japanese routes)

while de-plane/disembark, can 2 FAs stand right infront of the PE aisles blocking PE/Y pax coming to L2 door before C is empty. (this is specifically for 772 (in AKL))

better coffee onbarod in C, plunge coffee doesnt do it for me. espresso coffee is possible these days.

ask s/he to visit FT (air nz forum) every now and then.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by nzatk
Some recline in Space+ on the A320s! or atleast some lumbar support.

Is it just me or does everyone else feel like they have removed most of the padding as part of the seat recovering?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Nooo the A320 2" recline is great can actually still use the tray table when people infront recline
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:05 am

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
hi nztak
are you able to ask s/he wether the "thick" mattress can be rolled out to all 772 BP?
An FSM I flew with over the weekend confirmed this is shortly to happen - both on the 772s and 744s ^. The delay was in finalizing the cleaning / stocking / restocking processes in all the outstations.

Not saying don't bring it up though

Cheers, Zac
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:54 pm

Can you find out why the services to/from CHC have been decimated - realise that partly due to quake but trying to do BNE or MEL weekdays is not good, seem to be only late arrivals into CHC. Almost seems flying from CHC is unfashionable especially when the provincial add ons are brought in - can be cheaper to fly NZ to CHC and then anyone else out rather than NZ all the way
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Rebound
Nooo the A320 2" recline is great can actually still use the tray table when people infront recline
2" is awful on a 4hour flight, 4" in space+ would still be work able without the seats reclineig into your face.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Try finding Hotel accomodation in CHC at a reasonable cost.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
2" is awful on a 4hour flight, 4" in space+ would still be work able without the seats reclineig into your face.
agree with reecline, 4'' on 320's please and also why on the summer schedule there is no option for a J connection from zqn-mel? Why have they cut back afternoon widebody service akl-mel?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:12 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by wayoutwest
Can you find out why the services to/from CHC have been decimated - realise that partly due to quake but trying to do BNE or MEL weekdays is not good, seem to be only late arrivals into CHC. Almost seems flying from CHC is unfashionable especially when the provincial add ons are brought in - can be cheaper to fly NZ to CHC and then anyone else out rather than NZ all the way
I would say mostly due to the earthquakes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.