Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

And you thought the rico safety demo was bad.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru

Check out the replacement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iaTEgoezNQ
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: NZ*E, QF G, HH S, AClub G, PC G
LOL, that will do your head in after a couple of inflight views
Old Mar 27, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
it sure will, most youtube comments very positive
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
There is something wrong with whoever is responsible for these videos.

The Paul Henry comment was funny, but that was it...
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: NZ Air Points (Gold Elite), Velocity (Platinum), Emirates (Gold)
I loved it! Kooky, different, cheeky! See, Air NZ, you can do a funny video without nasty sexual innuendos that will make women uncomfortable flying long-haul with you!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I watched it twice.
Second time I was bored half way through, then got annoyed with the rythmic music.
I wonder how long the 'gay kiss' will last this time?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
A new low for Air NZ.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:04 pm

Location: This is a personal account and my views and opinions DON'T represent those of my employer.
Is this the first migration of the famed "new low" expression from the UA forum to the NZ one? Could be a historic moment...

(My view - like anything slightly different from the norm, some will love it, some will hate it, as evidenced already by posts here. Stop the presses!)
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by nz_crew
Is this the first migration of the famed "new low" expression from the UA forum to the NZ one? Could be a historic moment...

(My view - like anything slightly different from the norm, some will love it, some will hate it, as evidenced already by posts here. Stop the presses!)
Can't say that I frequent the UA forum, I thought the expression new low could be taken from anywhere and applied anywhere.

Richard Simmons is offensive to many. I'm quite sure that New Zealand has lots of home grown talent it could use in it's safety demos without resorting to such a flamboyant queen.
Homosexuality is more easily tolerated when not rubbed in one's face. This video of NZ's is offensive.

is it PC of me to say this? Of course not. But I say what many think but choose to not say.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Ha I think its great. Nice finish to it aswell!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I do not mind Richard or find him offensive, but I really am not one to rush back to the 80's....yes the high school years.
I just find the video a tad too long and not enough entertainment for me. Now if there were more shots of some of the dancers....

Last edited by Blackcloud; Mar 28, 2011 at 1:58 am
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: NZ*G and a couple of other Silvers.
Originally Posted by taupo
Can't say that I frequent the UA forum, I thought the expression new low could be taken from anywhere and applied anywhere.

Richard Simmons is offensive to many. I'm quite sure that New Zealand has lots of home grown talent it could use in it's safety demos without resorting to such a flamboyant queen.
Homosexuality is more easily tolerated when not rubbed in one's face. This video of NZ's is offensive.
is it PC of me to say this? Of course not. But I say what many think but choose to not say.
What part in particular do you think is offensive?

Are you sure you're not letting your opinion of Richard Simmons impact on this?
Old Mar 27, 2011, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by sdh80
100%

He is afterall, the lead person in the demo. A little hard to not notice him.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Originally Posted by sdh80
What part in particular do you think is offensive?

Well this HOMO just cringed watching this.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by trvlr64
Well this HOMO just cringed watching this.

I sent it to a couple of gay friends of mine, they had the same reaction as you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.