NZ 777-300ER Open Day Pics

Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP & EK G
NZ 777-300ER Open Day Pics

Don't have time right now for a full rundown, it was a worthwhile visit for me though, mainly to get up close and personal with the underside of the bird! I had seen the seats already in Hangar 9. They are really impressive, I am especially looking forward to the 2" thick memory foam overlay mattress in J!

The Premium Economy too is a massive step up. The recline angle and amount of personal space is great.

Ooo - and windows in the premium cabin toilets!

Last edited by longtimeflyer; Mar 24, 2011 at 10:46 pm
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Wow cool pics!

Y+ looks much more like a J- which is great
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by d00t
Wow cool pics!

Y+ looks much more like a J- which is great
Expect in J your legs wouldn't touch the set in front of you when you recline
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Expect in J your legs wouldn't touch the set in front of you when you recline
To NZ's credit there is a lot of leg room. because the seats are angled you get way more than it looks like. In fact, I could have my legs straight (ie knees not bent) without an issue and I am 180cm.

It's not J but feels way closer to J now with the whole cocoon thing happening than Y+ ever did.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:27 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by longtimeflyer
To NZ's credit there is a lot of leg room. because the seats are angled you get way more than it looks like. In fact, I could have my legs straight (ie knees not bent) without an issue and I am 180cm.

It's not J but feels way closer to J now with the whole cocoon thing happening than Y+ ever did.
I can't disagree more. After having flown it LAX-AKL, there's no way I'd do it again. Extremely uncomfortable seat with no room. The old PE is miles better, even on the 772.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Ok so inside was a nice place to be but I really went for outside

ZK-OKM Exterior:

The last one is of ZK-OKO which landed in AKL for the first time yesterday I was told.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ajnz
I can't disagree more. After having flown it LAX-AKL, there's no way I'd do it again. Extremely uncomfortable seat with no room. The old PE is miles better, even on the 772.
Interesting. Obviously sitting in it on ground for 1 minute can't compare to 13hrs in the air. Curious though, each seat seems to have different amount of room depending on the letter, I tried an A seat, which looked to have the most room due to the benefit of butting up against the fuselage. Where you in an A B or C position?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
I have to agree, I have had chance to try both PE seats. The old seats is way better than the new, the new seat is for looks more than anything!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:53 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Interesting. Obviously sitting in it on ground for 1 minute can't compare to 13hrs in the air. Curious though, each seat seems to have different amount of room depending on the letter, I tried an A seat, which looked to have the most room due to the benefit of butting up against the fuselage. Where you in an A B or C position?
D/E.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Oh I forgot to add the staff had the new uniforms on and they are so much better than the boring drab current ones.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: NZ*E, QF G, HH S, AClub G, PC G
I hated it even after only sitting in it for a few minutes today and I'm not tall (5ft 8"). Might be better once they remove a row and reposition the seats?
I didnt think the recline was very good either.

If forced to fly PE I would defintely opt for the D, E seats
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by Freeth
I hated it even after only sitting in it for a few minutes today and I'm not tall (5ft 8"). Might be better once they remove a row and reposition the seats?
I didnt think the recline was very good either.

If forced to fly PE I would defintely opt for the D, E seats
Agreed. I have to go to the US in June and will ensure I avoid the 77W. Very cramped in Y and PE. I didn't like the lower dividers in J either. All in all a wasted opportunity.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:35 am

Programs: NZ Silver+Exec Club Blue+Priority Club

Thanks for taking the time to upload these photos longtimeflyer! Really like the ones of the undercarriage, never seen a plane from that angle.

I have to say the above shot makes me shudder. 3-4-3. Stuff of nightmares!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, Marriott LT PLT
Oh I forgot to add the staff had the new uniforms on and they are so much better than the boring drab current ones.
Anything like these uniforms?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I have had chance to try both PE seats. The old seats is way better than the new, the new seat is for looks more than anything!
But the new Economy and Premium Economy products have been criticised in USA Today. Who is correct, I wonder ?

http://travel.usatoday.com/alliance/...eview/142308/1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.