Wiki Posts
Search

New CHC Domestic photos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
New CHC Domestic photos

Though it might be time to start a thread since more photo ops are coming up with the first stage nearing completion.

Here is a couple from today.

Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:47 pm

Interesting. Where is that second one taken?

Seen the other bits before, although admittedly at the speed I rush through airports.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
Interesting. Where is that second one taken?
Take the carpark exit from the Jetstar end, its behind the black plastic along that walkway, towards the end there as a gab where there is no black plastic near the glass doors.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:56 pm

Does anyone have the detail of the masterplan - Is check-in moving down round JetStar?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:04 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
will there be access to Koru Club for those that use a wheelchair that does not involve using service elevators through the kitchens!

currently wellington and christchurch have very poor mobility access
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:04 am
Original Poster

I would say the new KC would have to be wheelchair friendly, other wise I wouldn't of thought the buildings plans would have been approved.

The new CHC KC is opening in 2012 once the new Jet gates are ready. Does anyone know how they are going to work the jet gates while they are rebuilding that area?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Be the first to see the new terminal - volunteers required

From an email from CHC airport today
Christchurch Airport is looking for 600 volunteers to trial the new terminal. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to be the first to check out the new terminal building and to help your airport prepare for its Stage One opening in late March 2011.

This trial will take 2.5 hours on Wednesday 9 March from 9am – 11.30am. Refreshments and free parking will be provided.

On the day of the trial you will be given a script in which we'd like you to follow. Volunteers will be required to undertake various activities to ensure the new terminal is ready for its first travelling passengers. CIAL would like volunteers to 'act' as departing, domestic or international passengers and will be asking for feedback about your experience.

Spaces are limited, so please register your interest as soon as possible before Sunday 20th February 2011. You will receive a confirmation that we have received your registration; however final confirmation of your participation will be sent to you at a later date.

To register and for more information, visit terminaltrial.co.nz.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
From an email from CHC airport today
I have registered interest in volunteering for this small assignment. Thought it would be fun to put the new areas to the test prior to the terminal opening.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Grabbed a few photos the other day of CHC new departures hall in action.

NZ Check-in

The domestic and intl. kiosks and priority check-in is shared so as you can imagine the lines at the priority line were getting quite long at times.

NZ Kiosks

I apoligize for the quality, I was rushed on this photo obviously and didn't check it. There is three kiosk hubs that serve both intl and dom check-in and behind those is a help desk (that was un-attended) and a 're-book' desk

JQ, QF, DJ, SQ & EK

JQ again

You can kinda make out the JQ kiosks which are next to NZ. There is also all the other intl. airlines down the far end. One thing I noticed with intl. and dom mixed together, it got quite congested in the hall. I assume it will sort itself out once the upstairs lounge & food hall area opens on Monday 9th May. Overall, a pretty impressive airport.
Old May 7, 2011, 1:25 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No photos, but not impressed with the koru express.

No real privacy from the gate (wooden slat walls have large gaps in them), very minimal amenities. Okay to grab a coffee before flight, but a hassle to get into the express lounge and wait to be served (no self service for hot drinks, self service for soft drinks, water and "snacks").

Snacks were almost non-existent - a couple of mini wraps was all that was left in the cabinet.
Old May 7, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No photos, but not impressed with the koru express.

No real privacy from the gate (wooden slat walls have large gaps in them), very minimal amenities. Okay to grab a coffee before flight, but a hassle to get into the express lounge and wait to be served (no self service for hot drinks, self service for soft drinks, water and "snacks").

Snacks were almost non-existent - a couple of mini wraps was all that was left in the cabinet.
Did you notice if they serve booze?

I guess one advantage must be that it will lessen congestion in the main lounge which can be ridiculous at peak times
Old May 7, 2011, 3:30 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

no booze
Old May 7, 2011, 9:51 am

no booze
On this basis, I am already hugely unimpressed with the Koru Express
Old May 7, 2011, 11:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I think the concept is grab and go. For most people that doesn't really work for booze.
Old May 7, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I think the concept is grab and go. For most people that doesn't really work for booze.
Liquor licensing laws prevent unsupervised dispensing of alcohol and minors in a designated place. As far as I know the Koru Express does not have staff, well the barista may count if they are qualified, in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.