Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyCouch or Premium Economy?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
If you pay for the Sky Couch that is what you will get. LHR-AKl-LHR in May 2011 is £600 plus taxes for economy and with Sky Couch is £2600 plus taxes. Nobody is going to take away your seats at that price.
Apologies for the late response but have only seen this thread today.

Surely this can't be right - Skycouch is marketed as paying for 2 1/2 seats and on the base fare of £600 plus taxes this should work out to be £1,500 plus taxes and not £2,600 plus taxes!!!
Old Feb 6, 2011, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Unless the SkyCouch seats are being sold in a higher fare class that the single seat quote.....
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I'm flying to LHR from LAX in two weeks and debating the Premium Economy v Skycouch dilemma as well. Also debating the VS v BA Premium Economy. Price is $2000ai.

Thoughts?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
I'm flying to LHR from LAX in two weeks and debating the Premium Economy v Skycouch dilemma as well. Also debating the VS v BA Premium Economy. Price is $2000ai.

Thoughts?
Here is a review of two of those you mentioned: http://www.ausbt.com.au/best-premium...irgin-atlantic

Also here is a review on Premium Economy: http://www.ausbt.com.au/air-new-zeal...-extra-legroom With a link to the skycouch review at the bottom
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Will the 744s and 772s be getting the new PE seats?

Will be interesting to see if NZ keeps the spaceseats for the 787s or whether they're working on a next gen PE seat.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:12 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Will the 744s and 772s be getting the new PE seats?

Will be interesting to see if NZ keeps the spaceseats for the 787s or whether they're working on a next gen PE seat.
744's no
772's the plan is yes but longhaul is currently under review, i believe the cabin refits have been pushed back to 2012

The 773 product was designed originally to launch on the 787, i believe Air NZ will work on 'the next best thing' for the 787 launch given its still another 4 years away
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Any Updates?

I am facing the same decision as the OP. Can fly Premium Economy Spaceseat US-AKL for exactly the same price as a Skycouch reserved just for me. My initial thought is that it sure would be nice to have no-one in your row for the whole flight (Skycouch). It seems that that would feel roomier than PE. And, I think I would value being able to lie down scrunched up for a 4 or 5 hour nap over having more recline but sitting up and being awake for the entire flight. Experiences with this anyone?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:46 pm

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Also compare the food / drink in PE compared to economy. There is a big difference in the standards between them.

I've done PE AKL-LAX-LHR and I'd take PE over the skycouch.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by Trumpkin
Also compare the food / drink in PE compared to economy. There is a big difference in the standards between them.

I've done PE AKL-LAX-LHR and I'd take PE over the skycouch.
True, but sleep is my number one priority.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
I'm 6'2" and slept fine in new PE (except I didn't sleep as long as I could of because I kept getting distracted by the great food and drink).

The SkyCouch does not look terribly comfortable--I'm a bit of an expert at sleeping in 3 empty rows of UA or CO seats, the new NZ Pacific Economy seats are even more crowded and the aisles are REALLY narrow. Your feet would get clipped by the drink carts.

I would also rather have the extra mileage bonus you get for PE when crediting to some carriers like CO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.