Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Space+ Gone on 767-300 on Trans-Tasman - miserable!

Space+ Gone on 767-300 on Trans-Tasman - miserable!

Old Oct 31, 10, 1:47 am

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
I fly every week Auck to Melbourne return. While I could tolerate the A320's with the space+ arrangement, the last two return flights have been on the 767. Talk about crammed, and then the person in front reclines - even worse.

I notice that rows 15 & 16 are larger pitch on the RHS but I can't seem to select those seats on the seat request - they don't appear on the map.

I too think AirNZ has forgotten about their HVC
Old Oct 31, 10, 3:30 am

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Originally Posted by Rotodavid123 View Post
I fly every week Auck to Melbourne return. While I could tolerate the A320's with the space+ arrangement, the last two return flights have been on the 767. Talk about crammed, and then the person in front reclines - even worse.

I notice that rows 15 & 16 are larger pitch on the RHS but I can't seem to select those seats on the seat request - they don't appear on the map.

I too think AirNZ has forgotten about their HVC
Rows 15 and 16 on the RHS are not usually available. From the ultimate seating thread:

Seats 15JK/16JK are crew rest seats. During longhaul sectors these are inside a capsule and are not available for assignment. They are a hybrid business class/economy class seat. IF the aircraft is completely full they will be assigned to passengers on certain Tasman flights, however they can only be assigned at checkin and do NOT have IFE screens of any kind.
Old Nov 1, 10, 12:52 am

Programs: Velocity
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
All ZK registered Qantas 73H's have PIFE.

They do occasionally put VH's on some T-T routes - they are 'domestic' Oz configured.
indeed, to punctuate the point (and to disprove my assumption that at least all auckland services have personal ife), i saw the yananyi dreaming 737 overhead today.
Old Nov 1, 10, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC, QF.
Out of interest, I went to the Air New Zealand website and punched in a slight alternative to my planned trip for next May. I entered LHR - AKL - BNE. The last leg now shows as a 777-200. Seat Expert, Seat Guru, and Expert Flyer all show this flight (NZ0135 on 6th May) as having a business class cabin. Is this correct?
Old Nov 1, 10, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by studyolic View Post
Out of interest, I went to the Air New Zealand website and punched in a slight alternative to my planned trip for next May. I entered LHR - AKL - BNE. The last leg now shows as a 777-200. Seat Expert, Seat Guru, and Expert Flyer all show this flight (NZ0135 on 6th May) as having a business class cabin. Is this correct?
Business Class will still be offered on all non-320 services across the Tasman.
Old Nov 1, 10, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA
Curious - we seem to have a few people complaining about the seat pitch - I dont recall this many compalints when this config was online a few years ago???? Why is it worse now.
Old Nov 1, 10, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Originally Posted by AN_Boy View Post
Curious - we seem to have a few people complaining about the seat pitch - I dont recall this many compalints when this config was online a few years ago???? Why is it worse now.
Because AirNZ offered a great economy product for HVP with space+ and we've all become accustomed to it now. For me - and I'm sure many others here - it was a serious product differentiator.

I hope they've some good economists. Making sense of the results of all the changes is going to be a difficult task given the number of variables that have been modified!

I'm already booking less on NZ (due to the still real/perceived uncertainties more than anything) - maybe not a huge loss given I'm always in cabbage - but more importantly, I'm no longer a fanatical supporter of AirNZ. Given the amount of time I spend on planes and the line of business I'm in there's a serious revenue multiplier that's disappearing there. Again I suspect I'm not alone in this regard. There's a whole bunch of indirect goodwill and revenue that the recent TT changes (and possibly Rico) are no doubt reducing which is important yet difficult to quantify.

I'm sure AirNZ execs aren't naive, and that they've factored as best they can all this into their models. It will be interesting to see how it pans out for both AirNZ and her competitors.
Old Nov 1, 10, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC, QF.
Ah, OK, sorry; I was under the impression there was now only Y at 31" pitch available TT. I hadn't realised that Space+ was a sort of perk, and that there were still some normal business class seats, at a price.

I'll keep quiet now.
Old Nov 1, 10, 3:23 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF G
Originally Posted by NZ*Trout View Post
Because AirNZ offered a great economy product for HVP with space+ and we've all become accustomed to it now. For me - and I'm sure many others here - it was a serious product differentiator.

I hope they've some good economists. Making sense of the results of all the changes is going to be a difficult task given the number of variables that have been modified!

I'm already booking less on NZ (due to the still real/perceived uncertainties more than anything) - maybe not a huge loss given I'm always in cabbage - but more importantly, I'm no longer a fanatical supporter of AirNZ. Given the amount of time I spend on planes and the line of business I'm in there's a serious revenue multiplier that's disappearing there. Again I suspect I'm not alone in this regard. There's a whole bunch of indirect goodwill and revenue that the recent TT changes (and possibly Rico) are no doubt reducing which is important yet difficult to quantify.

I'm sure AirNZ execs aren't naive, and that they've factored as best they can all this into their models. It will be interesting to see how it pans out for both AirNZ and her competitors.
Your post really sums up what my postion as well, but I couldn't quite get the words down as you have in your post.
Used to only book NZ due to service and space+. Now with poorer product compared to competitors (in my opinion) more of my short haul business is going else where. QF must be loving all the business class seats they are selling trans tasman now. When I flew SYD-WLG on Sunday night all twelve seats were full.
Old Nov 1, 10, 10:07 pm

Programs: NZ*GE
I've booked another trip on the 767 - anyone tried the new config? Any suggestion on seating? i have access to 10A/B EXIT row but it shows it as 32" Still - this accurate?

birder i have read your 'review' maybe you can enlighten me :P
Old Nov 1, 10, 10:53 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post
I've booked another trip on the 767 - anyone tried the new config? Any suggestion on seating? i have access to 10A/B EXIT row but it shows it as 32" Still - this accurate?

The exit rows used to be 39"
Old Nov 2, 10, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Air Points (Gold Elite), Velocity (Platinum), Emirates (Gold)
Originally Posted by Rebound View Post

I was on the other side of the plane so I didn't notice. I did notice that the 19 J/K did have the 39" inch pitch. I can't imagine the bulkhead row would actually have 32"!
Old Nov 2, 10, 12:36 am

Programs: NZ*GE
Originally Posted by birder View Post
I was on the other side of the plane so I didn't notice. I did notice that the 19 J/K did have the 39" inch pitch. I can't imagine the bulkhead row would actually have 32"!
Thanks I will stick with 10B as its my return flight and i want to get through and out quick (carry on)
Old Nov 6, 10, 6:25 pm

Programs: Many banked years
Dont forget AKL-PER

I used to fly AKL-PER in Y, Space plus and pay $2000 per ticket vs QF often at $1000-$1200.

My last flight on NZ had no space plus, didn't realise until on board. As I said my last flight on NZ.

NZ are really more and more focusing on discount travellers and hoping HVC will stay with them. Pretty risky strategy.

Time will tell.......meantime great to have a choice and vey happy to exercise it!
Old Nov 18, 10, 5:38 pm
Company Representative - Air New Zealand

Originally Posted by wayoutwest View Post
Question should be what happened to anyone from NZ - they have gone off air, leaving Ricco to tell us all what is happening
Hi Guys

I havent been replzaced by Rico I have just been away at University in USA for tweo months - I am back on deck now and will work my way through this thread - I have just completed the other thread on the Tasman so this is next on my list
Apologies that no one picked this up in my abscence

Cheers
Bruce Parton GGM Australasia

Search this Thread