Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Space+ Gone on 767-300 on Trans-Tasman - miserable!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Space+ Gone on 767-300 on Trans-Tasman - miserable!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:24 am

Programs: NZ Silver+Exec Club Blue+Priority Club
Originally Posted by RandyNZ
I, too, am an expat living in NZ and have felt the same way, although these days I'm more open to trying other carriers just because I feel that banking with only one to gain elite status is a shrinking reward system.

Perhaps CO's flights on the 787 IAH-AKL may be an option for you!
Absolutely mate.

Ive been looking into it already. Will do the first few on QF/AA as Im already with BAs Executive Club. Once November hits I will really look forward to flying directly into Houston on CO. I really hope that service goes ahead and does well. Now they are in the Star Alliance, Im really doubting I will get the points accredited to my NZ membership.

Once again I'll say it is sad, because I would prefer to spend my money with Air NZ. But nothing will change my opinion on them now. I'll report back once theyve replied.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Air NZ is trying to compete with Jetstar & Pacific Blue, which is the reason for the change.

I am sure they have done the maths on it, and while the majority on here complain and whinge, there is the other 99.5% of people who just want the cheapest price.

Time will tell if these changes are a success! My guess is that they are here to stay!

Emirates is always another option, but not for all of us!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Rebound
I'm just about to book a flight to SYD for NOV, A320 there, A320 back, should i try get on the 767 on the return leg instead? about $20 difference...
As a *G you might be better off on the A320 if you can get 1ABC or 2DEF. Of course it's a lottery since Air NZ won't let you see the seat map for the flight before you book...
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Top of climb
As a *G you might be better off on the A320 if you can get 1ABC or 2DEF. Of course it's a lottery since Air NZ won't let you see the seat map for the flight before you book...
...but you could take a subscription to ExpertFlyer to see NZ seat maps in advance. Just a thought.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by AndDee
Air NZ is trying to compete with Jetstar & Pacific Blue, which is the reason for the change.

I am sure they have done the maths on it, and while the majority on here complain and whinge, there is the other 99.5% of people who just want the cheapest price.

Time will tell if these changes are a success! My guess is that they are here to stay!

Emirates is always another option, but not for all of us!
$399 r/t to SYD right now and the timings are good, just don't get lounge access - i am trying to be a loyal customer but NZ aren't doing me any favours
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC, QF.
I'm planning a flight from LHR to CNS next year, and after seeing the new NZ cabins I was excited to fly NZ for the first time. Not the most direct route to CNS, sure, but I've got the time, and Business Premier looks great. Then I discovered that there was no business class from AKL to CNS, and flying in Business Premier wouldn't even get me into a Space + seat (if they exist); I'd need to stump up for Koru Club membership to stand a chance of getting a "New" Space + seat. Suddenly Air New Zealand seemed less exciting.

Shame.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Air Points (Gold Elite), Velocity (Platinum), Emirates (Gold)
Originally Posted by studyolic
I'm planning a flight from LHR to CNS next year, and after seeing the new NZ cabins I was excited to fly NZ for the first time. Not the most direct route to CNS, sure, but I've got the time, and Business Premier looks great. Then I discovered that there was no business class from AKL to CNS, and flying in Business Premier wouldn't even get me into a Space + seat (if they exist); I'd need to stump up for Koru Club membership to stand a chance of getting a "New" Space + seat. Suddenly Air New Zealand seemed less exciting.

Shame.

There went an $8000 fare.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:53 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Originally Posted by studyolic

Shame.
CNS on a newly configured A320 doesn't appeal at all. They used to have 767s (with Business Class) a couple of times a week but they seem to have disappeared. It's not a short flight. And what's more, there's no Koru lounge at CNS.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:40 pm

Im sorry to continue on the negative bent but as Ive said prior I am completely disillusioned with NZ.

A work colleague of mine emailed me a little earlier he flew this morning on one of the new reconfigured A320s CHC-BNE.

Apparently the decor is a stark black/white contrast. He said as soon as he boarded is breath was taken back, and not in a good way. I dont know how long these newbies have been flying but the seats uphosltery is already looked tired (???) The jet black carpet and seats shows up dirt, hair and fluff really well apparently.

Told me after this trip he will request work book him on another carrier for his TT flights, honestly though I think JQ is just as bad. Thankfully for me I only ever fly to SYD, the old NZ product with the jade Y seats was good enough, I refuse to touch JQ, have done QF but could not believe they do not have IFE. My last trip to SYD on QF was a 737 anyway, not the 767 Ive had prior. On my friends recommendation Im going on EK from now on. Although the scheduling is not quite right I will fly the day prior and spend that night working and at least be fresh in the morning.

A saving grace he said the loading was very poor on this mornings flight, possible not even half full which made it easier for him to move around at least. Also noted the staff were fantastic, the food terrible and the IFE good.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:27 am

Programs: Velocity
Originally Posted by milan luka
have done QF but could not believe they do not have IFE. My last trip to SYD on QF was a 737 anyway, not the 767 Ive had prior.
others can correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that the only qantas planes on the tasman now without ife are the 737-400s. the 737-800s and a330s are all avod.

admittedly i can only speak for auckland, i'm not completely aware of what equipment they use out of christchurch.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
only one of the 734's has no AVOD, all the other ahve been converted.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:52 am

Programs: AirNZ Koru
Originally Posted by coolian2
others can correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe that the only qantas planes on the tasman now without ife are the 737-400s. the 737-800s and a330s are all avod.

admittedly i can only speak for auckland, i'm not completely aware of what equipment they use out of christchurch.
Not all 738's have ife, the one to Christchurch didn't a few months ago
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by grabaflyer
Not all 738's have ife, the one to Christchurch didn't a few months ago
All ZK registered Qantas 73H's have PIFE.

They do occasionally put VH's on some T-T routes - they are 'domestic' Oz configured.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by serfty
All ZK registered Qantas 73H's have PIFE.

They do occasionally put VH's on some T-T routes - they are 'domestic' Oz configured.

I didnt realize their were any ZK's left. At least my last SYD-CHC rtn was 737 and no pife on either leg.

I think they only use 737s on that sector now. As mentioned previously I had done this flight on 767s, although none of those aircraft had the pife either.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by milan luka
I didnt realize their were any ZK's left. At least my last SYD-CHC rtn was 737 and no pife on either leg.

I think they only use 737s on that sector now. As mentioned previously I had done this flight on 767s, although none of those aircraft had the pife either.
There are three New Zealand registered Jetconnect 73H's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.