HNL Lounge

Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

HNL Lounge

I have been searching for a bit and can't find recent advice. I am flying out of Honolulu next week and wanted lounge guidance. I have access to the Air New Zealand lounge, Continental lounge or the United lounge. How does the Air New Zealand lounge stack up?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA1k; 2MM; *G; *woodG
Since HNL is my home airport, I use the RCC there all the time. It's pretty nice -- better than most, I would say. Drinks have been free for the past some-odd months for some technical reason that I have never clearly understood. Sorry, I don't know about the other clubs you mention.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have been in the HNL Continental lounge many times. It is well located and easy to get to after exiting into airside from Security. It is a fine lounge. I can not comment on other two.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 3:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'ts been a long while since I've used the NZ lounge at HNL but it was nice enough with food & beverages much better than any RCC I've visited.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand NZ*S
Air New Zealand currently shares the Qantas lounge by Gate 26.
Its not very good as it is small and can get crowded.
Dont usually eat in the lounge but it all looked OK.
One of our visitors complained to Air NZ about having to ask for wine as evidently none was available to help yourself.
United Lounge was downstairs next to the old Air New Zealand lounge and like the old NZ one you had to go outside to use the toilets.
I hope they are upgrading them, perhaps that is why they are currently sharing with Qantas.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
As a Star Alliance member of Air Canada/Aeroplan - when flying on AC, I can use the Continental or United Lounges.

In the past, AC used to borrow the old JAL lounge, which was next to the old ANZ lounge.

Perhaps, AC and ANZ should operate a new lounge jointly - just as AC and SK share the lounge in London, England. In this scenario, I envisage the amenities and the quality of this lounge to be closer to the AC/ANZ lounges, than to the US based lounges.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:42 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
The Air NZ lounge was located with most others around a triangular garden, but closed around three to four years ago.

Since that time the airline has used the QF/AA lounge, which is around a five minute walk from the gate, but is almost as small as the old NZ lounge and gets overcrowded.

Really it is long overdue for NZ and AC to arrange a proper HNL connection between NZ AKL-HNL and AC HNL-YYZ, and to jointly operate a decent lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.