New KiaOra Magazine app for Iphone

Old Aug 12, 2010, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver
New KiaOra Magazine app for Iphone

Just downloaded it for free...but, they are charging $5.29....per issue! Surely they don't realistically expect people to pay that per issue for it? I mean its an ok magazine, but I'd never pay money for it....it's cheaper to fly on the plane (with GAS) and get your free copy!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Apple users will pay for anything! And apparently they have more partners...
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:22 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Just downloaded it at the Nelson Koru Lounge, laughed at price then deleted the app.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rebound
Just downloaded it at the Nelson Koru Lounge, laughed at price then deleted the app.
I read on facebook about the app and how it cost, so I was stoked when I checked it out on the app store downloaded it for free thinking NZ had 'listened to the people'...I'll admit it did look good on the preview, but like you I have deleted it.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I was expecting it to be free also, why buy it when i can read it on the plane? Generally i like seeing the ad's as my company advertises in the magazine (and so do competitor's)
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:40 am

Programs: NZ Koru
This was AirNZ fb post today
Got an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch? Well now you can download Air New Zealand's KiaOra magazine app. Now you won't have to nick the latest issue from the seat-back pocket on the plane!
Note the Now you won't have to nick the latest issue from the seat-back pocket on the plane!

I take it they don't want you remove onboard copys anymore?

I think they should atleast make it free for there FF
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
This was AirNZ fb post today

Note the Now you won't have to nick the latest issue from the seat-back pocket on the plane!

I take it they don't want you remove onboard copys anymore?

I think they should atleast make it free for there FF
I thought they were complimentary? I should probably stop taking them if something interests me then
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:54 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by brenrox
I thought they were complimentary? I should probably stop taking them if something interests me then
They did used to have like "yours to keep" on the cover, anyone know if its still there this month?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:43 am

KiaOra Magazine still free to take home

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
They did used to have like "yours to keep" on the cover, anyone know if its still there this month?
Just wanted to reassure everyone who enjoys Air NZs KiaOra Magazine that you can take your copy home with you as they are still 'Yours to keep'.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:10 am

Programs: NZ*E, SQPPS, SAA*G
I haven't seen Kiaora Mags on long haul flights for at least 6 months - maybe they were just removed from my seat or maybe they think we miss it and will pay for it. Right and Wrong!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by fullthrust
I haven't seen Kiaora Mags on long haul flights for at least 6 months - maybe they were just removed from my seat or maybe they think we miss it and will pay for it. Right and Wrong!
KiaOra magazine is currently only available on domestic flights, but all the international flights should carry a few copies, so do ask for one next time you're doing long haul.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:26 am

Welcome, lilynz . Another AirNZ employee joining our esteemed ranks?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Charging for an electronic copy of a free magazine. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:35 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Charging for an electronic copy of a free magazine. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?
I guess that means there is no advertising whatsoever in the iPhone app version?

The in-flight magazine is one thing UA/AA and the likes have gotten right - they're generally a retry good read. Even then I don't know I'd pay for it.

AirNZ - you do know that for about the same money one can get an electronic issue of Wired, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.