Wiki Posts
Search

Passport details on Boarding Passes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Passport details on Boarding Passes

Does NZ still print you Passport Number on BPs for international flights?

Although I know mine off by heart it can ne handy when you are utterly jet lagged and you need to fill in the arrival docs....though these days I now fill them all in before a trip.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:15 pm

Not on mine yesterday (kiosk check-in - which incidentally worked like a dream). Note if you are using up old stock that NZ has recently introduced a new arrival card. Customs are still accepting the old stock for now but the intention is that only the new cards will be accepted from a certain drop dead date (yet to be determined but likely to be August/September).

I use the term 'card' loosely as the new form is a floppy bit of monocoloured paper.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 4:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
I've timed myself filling in the NZ arrivals card. I've got it down to 14 seconds.

Might be 16 now if I have to learn a new form!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by wijomas
I've timed myself filling in the NZ arrivals card. I've got it down to 14 seconds.

Contents are unchanged, layout is marginally different, main difference is the tear away couple of pages no longer exists.

As for passport number on BP I don't recall ever getting that flying Air NZ.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: QF Gold, UA*G, AZ Freccia Alata - SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I've had my passport number printed on my BP a number of times (e.g. AB123456 NZL) but only on the thicker card type boarding passes and not the thermal paper type ones. Not sure if they still do it though.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Contents are unchanged, layout is marginally different, main difference is the tear away couple of pages no longer exists.
Yay finally we can save some trees. My record for remove that page is .01seconds.

Now if they could just get rid of that horrible departure card, surely the self check machines could ask you the require question, and why is it there bussiness to know where your going anyway its so bigbrother.

I always get it its usually nears the FTQV and reads like "NZL EB******"
Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by Top of climb
I use the term 'card' loosely as the new form is a floppy bit of monocoloured paper.
Quite a pleasant surprise to receive it on SYD-AKL last week - it's quite a bit more streamlined and less wasteful than the old version (in terms of paper).

Originally Posted by wijomas

Wait until they subtly change it - India did that a couple of months ago and while the card looks the same, they've rearranged the boxes. It took me 2 or 3 forms before I stopped filling out the details in the wrong boxes from muscle-memory.

I get it on virtually all itineraries that have been booked by my travel agent (they seem to insert it regardless); or on any international itinerary regardless of the booking mechanism.

Originally Posted by lindsaygardiner
I've had my passport number printed on my BP a number of times (e.g. AB123456 NZL) but only on the thicker card type boarding passes and not the thermal paper type ones. Not sure if they still do it though.
I had it on SYD-AKL (transfer desk in Sydney, thermal BP), AKL-WLG (thermal BP, checkin kiosk at domestic terminal), WLG-AKL (paper BP at checkin desk) in the past week.

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Now if they could just get rid of that horrible departure card, surely the self check machines could ask you the require question, and why is it there bussiness to know where your going anyway its so bigbrother.
Statistics. How else will they publish the reports showing that New Zealand is slowly taking over Australia through migration?
Old Jul 18, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by ajnz
Statistics. How else will they publish the reports showing that New Zealand is slowly taking over Australia through migration?
But its a waste of my DAMN TIME, it means I have to stop and fill it out. Plus I don't always have answers to the questions, its like how do I know If I'm leaving on a Oneway ticket, I'll go where I want when I want and come back when I want!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 7:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I get it on virtually all itineraries that have been booked by my travel agent (they seem to insert it regardless); or on any international itinerary regardless of the booking mechanism.
Perhaps it gets populated when passport details are entered at time of booking, and not otherwise? If so, explains why I don't get it.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Perhaps it gets populated when passport details are entered at time of booking, and not otherwise? If so, explains why I don't get it.
Most likely, yeah. My AirNZ profile has my passport details in it, so when I book through that channel that's where the details would come from.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:09 pm

Never had it but then I've never added my passport number in on a booking anyway so that makes sense
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Most likely, yeah. My AirNZ profile has my passport details in it, so when I book through that channel that's where the details would come from.
That explains it - they also have my Passport details on my profile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.