Status requalification

Old Jul 17, 10, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G, DJ S
Status requalification

Hi there, just a question about requalifying for Gold-upon earning the amount needed to requalify again, will I then be able to access my two new complimentary upgrades straight away, or will I have to wait for a dead month period (with points earnt in that dead period to not count towards Gold requalification). Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 10, 10:22 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
1) There is no dead month for requalification. It is only when you go up a level there is a dead month.

2) Status upgrade vouchers only become available at the start of the new membership year.

Eg if you are gold now and membership year is August to July, then your requalification period is July 2010 to June 2011 (note 1 month offset) and if you requalify (without earning gold elite in the meantime) new status upgrades will become available August 2011. There is no dead month since the month of July 2011 contributes to the next qualification period.
Old Jul 17, 10, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G, DJ S
Thanks for that, It was looking likely that I would requalify on the first leg of a flight to PEK at the end of September, and I was wondering if I would be able to use the two new upgrades on the return journey but it appears not.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: