Airpoints Lucky Seven

Old Jul 13, 10, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, UA*G, AZ Freccia Alata - SkyTeam Elite Plus
Airpoints Lucky Seven

It's that time again to register your AirNZ bookings made in the last 4 weeks at Airpoints Lucky Seven to be in to win 77 APD each day. Basically the same as the Daily Dozen they did a while back.

Just added 13 of my $1 GAS I've grabbed over the last month.
Old Jul 13, 10, 9:46 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by lindsaygardiner View Post
It's that time again to register your AirNZ bookings made in the last 4 weeks at Airpoints Lucky Seven to be in to win 77 APD each day. Basically the same as the Daily Dozen they did a while back.

'

Thanks for this, I didnt know about it. Loved the user-friendlyness of it this time as you didnt have to re-type a lot of details for multiple PNRs. I was able to enter booking made half way through May. Didnt enter all them though.
Old Jul 13, 10, 9:54 pm

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Originally Posted by lindsaygardiner View Post

That's nearly one every other day - impressed! ^
Old Jul 13, 10, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brenrox View Post
I was able to enter booking made half way through May.
Doesn't it have to be bookings made in the 4 weeks prior to entering? So anything from 16 June onwards?

I too like how it stores your details so you just have to enter the new booking reference. Best time to enter is now as the prize pool will be smaller as others like you may not have heard about it yet, so increased chances of winning.

Wonder if the same problems of supposed "name bias" will appear as what happened with the Daily Dozen?
Old Jul 14, 10, 12:23 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
no NZ bookings made in the past 4 weeks
Old Jul 14, 10, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Kinda works out that way I guess. One day I got 3 but usually try for 2
Old Jul 14, 10, 12:53 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
I'm shy to admit that I managed to enter 15 PNRs since 16 Jun

Most are GAS $1, most are returns, but a few one-way sectors (orphans at present).

I hope I manage to win $AP 77 - I've managed to earn just under 50 in the past 2 years (total).....call me cheap!!

Cheers, TK

PS - maybe I should go back in time to match benrox.....
Old Jul 14, 10, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
I hope I manage to win $AP 77 - I've managed to earn just under 50 in the past 2 years (total).....call me cheap!!
Basically all my points came from my credit card, and then I spent them (with $50 Advance) on a trip to NRT which put me into negative balance for over a year. But thanks to two wins in the Daily Dozen, it put me up to about A180 which I used for a grabaseat to SYD. So now sitting on A4. Wont even use them for $1 GAS because I wouldn't get the SP's!
Old Jul 14, 10, 4:19 am

That's the thing with Airpoints dollars for me - I only have a few from flights and a few more on the way from credit card spend. But not enough to actually use, except on cheap GAS, which I don't like to do because of no status points.

I entered all the bookings I've made recently into Lucky Seven, even some from before June. Hopefully I have better luck with Lucky Seven than I did with Daily Dozen.
Old Jul 14, 10, 4:46 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Lucky i have a stack of work travel booked in the past month just entered 18 booking references - did not win a thing in the daily dozen so hopefully better luck this time
Old Jul 14, 10, 1:14 pm

Likewise with daily Dozen - no luck at all.
Old Jul 14, 10, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
no NZ bookings made in the past 4 weeks

Now where's the icon for the sound of my fainting??
Old Jul 14, 10, 7:16 pm

I'm slightly confused by the T&C for this promotion... I had thought that my 15PNRs were valid for daily draws for the period of the promotion (3 weeks). But re-reading the T&C I find:

Each entry will enter the Traveller into a daily draw for the next 7 days or such lesser period as remains during the Promotional Period There is no limit to the number of entries an Airpoints member can make providing all conditions of entry are met.
So what happens after the first 7 days? Can I re-enter with the previously entered PNRs? Have I screwed up by entering all PNRs in 1 go ?

What do you fine folk think?

So far hard luck as well ... winners posted, but not Thai-Kiwi....
Old Jul 14, 10, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
I believe (like the Daily Dozen) that any entry registered will be eligible for the next available 7 'draws'.

So if you register in the next few hours that will give entries for 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 July.
Old Jul 14, 10, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
I'm slightly confused by the T&C for this promotion... I had thought that my 15PNRs were valid for daily draws for the period of the promotion (3 weeks). But re-reading the T&C I find:

So what happens after the first 7 days? Can I re-enter with the previously entered PNRs? Have I screwed up by entering all PNRs in 1 go ?

What do you fine folk think?

So far hard luck as well ... winners posted, but not Thai-Kiwi....
Each entry is only valid for 7 days, and after that you can't re-enter them.

Booking references that has already been used for an earlier entry into the promotion can not be used for subsequent entries into the promotion, even if there is more than one passenger on the booking

I don't think you've screwed up by entering all in one go, if anything I think you've increased your chances. My way of thinking is that the first few draws will have a smaller prize pool as the word starts to get out, so entering all your PNR's on the first day gives you the best chance of winning.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: