Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website Problems/Issues thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
For a group of 4 traveling on a 763 should allow you to seat them e.g 20AB/21AB. I would have though many passengers traveling in a groups of 4 would rather this over have two seats in the middle.
Thanks Paul, for your speedy response. I can always ring the call centre to fix it, but it's just slightly annoying/inconvenient having to do so when it could be done online. I agree though that on the 763 a party of 4 seated 2/2 behind each other makes more sense than lining them across horizontally.

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Tip: Never book an A320 trip with 4 people on the same PNR
On the other hand lining a party of 4 across a cabin on an A320 makes perfect sense, and is what I've done before!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:18 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Top of climb
Thanks Paul, for your speedy response. I can always ring the call centre to fix it, but it's just slightly annoying/inconvenient having to do so when it could be done online. I agree though that on the 763 a party of 4 seated 2/2 behind each other makes more sense than lining them across horizontally.
While you can fix it though the call center the last person I had was very rude about it gave me a lecture that it could have all been done online. Although most agents are more than happy to fix it for you.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Small niggle. On my MyAirNZ home page I can see my future bookings and when I mouse over them it gives flight details. Next month I have 12 sectors RTW and the 10 Star sectors show in the mouse over. When I click on the booking to see the detail it only shows 4 sectors (3 NZ, 1AC connecting to NZ). Would be nice to see the other flights.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:03 pm
Company Representative - Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ
Just to let you know the problem has now been resolved.
If you wanted to book, the special offer ends this Thursday, so get in quick.

Thanks for letting us know.

Paul
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by wayoutwest
Just looked at the companion fares to LAX and yes use the fares over a week as there is abig difference between some days but can be done as base fare of $1500 pp ew ex CHC.
Silly me thought what can I get from the provinces - well add another $457.50 pp ew and you can fly from the provinces (SI only). Appears to be a major fault when cost of getting to CHC is 1/3 the cost of CHC to LAX - may need looking at.
Just to let you know the problem has now been resolved.
If you wanted to book, the special offer ends this Thursday, so get in quick.

Thanks for letting us know.

Paul
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Small niggle. On my MyAirNZ home page I can see my future bookings and when I mouse over them it gives flight details. Next month I have 12 sectors RTW and the 10 Star sectors show in the mouse over. When I click on the booking to see the detail it only shows 4 sectors (3 NZ, 1AC connecting to NZ). Would be nice to see the other flights.
Would you be able to DM me with more details. Maybe your booking reference so I can look into this.

Paul
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:43 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
PM on its way. Thanks for being so proactive and interested in our problems.
WLGNZ
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:04 am

When making a booking, I find you automatically have travel insurance added, but on a fairly sporadic basis. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. This is annoying - it's not consistent. As someone with no use for travel insurance, I would rather it wasn't added automatically (particularly for grabaseat bookings where every second spent faffing around with extraneous checkboxes and such increases the chance you miss out).

So yea, can we have travel insurance go back to the old opt-in method? (Or am I imagining things?)
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:06 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by zkcow
When making a booking, I find you automatically have travel insurance added, but on a fairly sporadic basis. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. This is annoying - it's not consistent. As someone with no use for travel insurance, I would rather it wasn't added automatically (particularly for grabaseat bookings where every second spent faffing around with extraneous checkboxes and such increases the chance you miss out).

So yea, can we have travel insurance go back to the old opt-in method? (Or am I imagining things?)
I just made a post in the GAS thread about this. Cost me a Fri-Sun $1 GAS for 2 today as I didnt realise it had been tacked on. Something I would expect with JQ, but not NZ.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:48 am

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club

Every time I've made an international booking I've had the insurance added and have had to remove it. I admit I find it annoying but have avoided, so far, paying it by accident.

Are you talking about domestic bookings? I have noticed with mine because the cost suddenly goes up. But I'd certainly prefer to 'opt-in' rather than 'opt-out'.

And certainly, guys, if you're working at double speed to get a GAS bargain it would be extremely irritating, not to say dangerously expensive!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Yep, domestic bookings.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 3:02 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)

Glad I read this post before I made some bookings tonight^
Seems that this feature has returned, IIRC this happend when the insurance feature became operational then was dropped.
I guess a good bit of additional revenue for NZ, and to be fair it is clearly marked at the purchase screen....
My vote. Return it back to "opt in" setting.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 3:05 am

It is clearly marked, but I don't have time for clear makings. I barely have time to make sure all the information is correct
Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:44 pm

Paul, what does the "Upgrade Product" button do or rather what is it meant to do?
Have pressed the button and always the same result - new screen and says service not available and then try again later or call 0800....
Old Jul 13, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by brenrox
I just made a post in the GAS thread about this. Cost me a Fri-Sun $1 GAS for 2 today as I didnt realise it had been tacked on. Something I would expect with JQ, but not NZ.
I just checked my CC Statement looks like i have also been charged $22 for a r/t flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.