Website Problems/Issues thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Originally Posted by brenrox
Well the NZ holiday multi-city engine wont let me book more than 3 days into the future.
Ahh sorry, misread the year there.

Wow, that really is boned! Safari/Firefox/Chrome on Mac all failed, as did Firefox/Chrome on XP. Only IE8 on XP 'worked'. By 'worked' I mean you could manually enter a date into any of the date fields, i.e. 20/aug/10. The pop-up calendar showed only July 2010 on every browser/OS I tried. The next-month arrow shows up momentarily but then disappears and I was unable to select anything from the calendar.

Lucky I don't get a chance to go on holiday much.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 3:26 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by NZ*Trout
Ahh sorry, misread the year there.

Wow, that really is boned! Safari/Firefox/Chrome on Mac all failed, as did Firefox/Chrome on XP. Only IE8 on XP 'worked'. By 'worked' I mean you could manually enter a date into any of the date fields, i.e. 20/aug/10. The pop-up calendar showed only July 2010 on every browser/OS I tried. The next-month arrow shows up momentarily but then disappears and I was unable to select anything from the calendar.

Lucky I don't get a chance to go on holiday much.
Yes it has been like this for several months now. and when august rolls round, you will only be able to book to the end of that month. I remember being able to type the date in manually, but i was still unable to get a desired result...
Old Jul 28, 2010, 5:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
brenrox - this may sound stupid but have you checked what date your computer clock is set too? Is it the right date?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
brenrox - this may sound stupid but have you checked what date your computer clock is set too? Is it the right date?
My computer clock is up to date (Mac with the standard NTP goodness) and I was seeing the exact same symptoms.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 9:43 pm
Company Representative - Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ
Just wondering if this has been adressed? I am wanting to book a multi-stop holiday in samoa so I can visit both Islands, but your multi-stop function wont let me select a date later than july 2010?? It has been like this for sometime, and it isnt just my computer I have had problems with. Thanks
Hi there

Thanks for making me aware of this. Having had a look at it now, its the visual calendar that is broken and doesnt allow you to scroll to a month in the future. You can manually enter a future date upto 350 days, so can book ahead. I will get the IT team onto it and see if we can get the calendar fixed.

Thanks again

Paul
Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Air NZ Online
Hi there

Thanks for making me aware of this. Having had a look at it now, its the visual calendar that is broken and doesnt allow you to scroll to a month in the future. You can manually enter a future date upto 350 days, so can book ahead. I will get the IT team onto it and see if we can get the calendar fixed.

Thanks again

Paul
Thanks alot for this - will try after
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:46 pm

Holiday site is still not (IMHO) getting it right when it comes to buying a package - no not from the provinces but from AKL. At least it is letting you get out to Easter next year - cos that is what I am looking at.
Why is it cheaper to book separate components rather than a package?
I think everyone has had enough time to sort this out
Old Aug 1, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by wayoutwest
Holiday site is still not (IMHO) getting it right when it comes to buying a package - no not from the provinces but from AKL. At least it is letting you get out to Easter next year - cos that is what I am looking at.
Why is it cheaper to book separate components rather than a package?
I think everyone has had enough time to sort this out
I just priced a flight and hotel on both a package and separately. It was cheaper on a package.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:40 pm

Try AKL to LAX 21/4 rtn 24/4, using cheapest hotel

Even worse is the flights do not earn AP$,(booking class S according to holiday site) whereas the current specials do?

Last edited by wayoutwest; Aug 2, 2010 at 4:44 pm
Old Aug 7, 2010, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Hi Paul,

You might want to get the on line timetable updated as its showing 773 AKL LAX AKL, when in fact they wil be operated by 744.

Cheers
Old Aug 7, 2010, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by MrSydney
Hi Paul,

You might want to get the on line timetable updated as its showing 773 AKL LAX AKL, when in fact they wil be operated by 744.

Cheers
I remember asking a question to him re booking engine and timetable not matching up and he said it generally takes a few days to happen
Old Aug 7, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
DFS is no longer an airpoints partner since 31 July. Yet they are still listed as a partner on the NZ website. A small point, but would it not be better to delete them?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by nzlilibet
DFS is no longer an airpoints partner since 31 July. Yet they are still listed as a partner on the NZ website. A small point, but would it not be better to delete them?
Cheers Nzlilibet for pointing that one out. I will get it updated ASAP.

Paul
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by MrSydney
Hi Paul,

Cheers
I remember asking a question to him re booking engine and timetable not matching up and he said it generally takes a few days to happen
Brenrox is correct. It will be updated soon as it is not as dynamic as the booking engine.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Paul
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Hi Paul,

You might want to get your Airport Maps updated. The ones for SYD and LHR are outdated and might cause some confusion for passengers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.