Wiki Posts
Search

Question on cancelling a flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Silver
Question on cancelling a flight

I have booked a return trip AKL-KKE on the same PNR. However, I can not make the AKL-KKE leg for the time I had booked so have booked another AKL-KKE on a different PNR. Question is, if I ring up NZ, am I able to cancel the initial AKL-KKE without forfeiting the return leg?

My instinct is that it is fine as it is classed as two different journeys.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:46 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
It should be fine in theory. You won't know until you call and ask.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Similar problem previously. Worried that for an international itinerary, the second sector would certainly be lost. Was advised it wasn't a problem for domestic travel.

HOWEVER, I never got to confirm as the whole trip fell over, and nothing was flown. A call to AirNZ would be prudent.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Gave them a call and made very clear I only wanted to cancel the AKL-KKE flight and they were fine with it. Just can't access the booking online now...hoping this is normal and will keep fingers crossed till the return flight on Sunday!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 6:07 pm

I've done this on trans-Tasman itineraries (cancelled the first sector of a return journey) and never had any problems. I admit it is a bit disconcerting when it appears from your itineraries page! Something to do with bookings modified through the call centre not being able to show up anymore through the IT system, which seems a bit silly.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Brenrox, i have had a similar domestic experience, i had AKL-WLG-AKL booked however needed an earlier flight to WLG, i booked this on a seperate Itinerary. I was worried that if i did not take the first leg of the original booking, my return sector would be cancelled. This was not the case however and i had no problems, i confirmed this with NZ before i flew but did not amend the booking.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Cheers for sharing your experiences! Theoretically I should have nothing to worry bout and have done all I can to make it easier for NZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.