Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone made bookings to fly on the 77W?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:19 am

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Originally Posted by MrSydney
Anything is better than the god awful A320.
I couldn't agree more. I just hate that plane. Surely there are more than two of us?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:26 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by nzlilibet
I couldn't agree more. I just hate that plane. Surely there are more than two of us?
Well theres aleast three of us!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:11 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Are you criticising the aircraft or the NZ configuration?
I do not mind the "plane" as such. I Y it is better than the 737, but not as good as the 767, 747 or 777 (in that order) IMO.
However in regards to NZ's new all Y configuration, I am not a fan of the concept.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:29 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
NZ's current A320's with Space+ are great, usually have middle seats blocked out, however the 767/777/747 is superior to the A320's - i'd rather fly on NZ's A320's than DJ/QF 737's
Old Jul 12, 2010, 6:11 am

Personally, my only complaint about the A320 in NZ config is NZ's limited recline. 2" in Economy is barely noticeable, 4" in Space+ is barely acceptable.

At one level it's good for people who don't want seats reclined in their face, but it makes sleeping quite difficult with so little recline.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
Myself and the GE Partner are looking forward to:

AKL-LAX 24/12 NZ6
LAX-AKL 7/1 NZ5

I went ahead and burnt my 2 comp u/g's to get us into BP from PE in December, just couldn't resist, despite being tempted to try out PE! Will put in the u/g request for Jan in a week or two when I get around to it.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 3:27 am

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Qantas Bronze, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Blue Velocity, Accor Advantage Plus,
Originally Posted by Aerosett
Personally, my only complaint about the A320 in NZ config is NZ's limited recline. 2" in Economy is barely noticeable, 4" in Space+ is barely acceptable.

At one level it's good for people who don't want seats reclined in their face, but it makes sleeping quite difficult with so little recline.
Well for a narrow bodied aircraft, I have to say that I am a great fan of the A320, and very pleased to hear that they will replace the 737 on domestic routes. I am also a great fan of both the old J and Space + on TT for a three - four hour flight no one should growl. It remains to be seen what the new configuration will be like.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:01 am

Not a real fan of the A320, but hey if it's the right plane for the job... It will be odd not having the 737s around - my first domestic was on the 737-200 so they're special for me.

Anyway... I'd like to book on the 77W to MEL, but I need dates and such to do so. I'd like to have something to do with an inaugural for it.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:58 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by zkcow
Anyway... I'd like to book on the 77W to MEL, but I need dates and such to do so. I'd like to have something to do with an inaugural for it.
Likewise, if I can make it work for my schedule.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Oh dear - just went and checked MYAirNZ and there has been a chaneg to my bookings. Just been on the horn to a lovely agent in AKL and both flights has reverted back to a 744 but she had no idea as to why.

The seat maps aren't even appearing on EF.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

BTW.........I am flying PE so grateful it wasn't down graded to a 772.

Last edited by MrSydney; Aug 2, 2010 at 9:00 pm
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:49 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by MrSydney
Oh dear - just went and checked MYAirNZ and there has been a chaneg to my bookings. Just been on the horn to a lovely agent in AKL and both flights has reverted back to a 744 but she had no idea as to why.

The seat maps aren't even appearing on EF.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

BTW.........I am flying PE so grateful it wasn't down gaughed to a 772.
Oh gutted! I just did some dummy bookings and first flight on 773 looks to be on NZ6 Jan 26. All direct flights up till then appear operated by the 747.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Originally Posted by brenrox
Oh gutted! I just did some dummy bookings and first flight on 773 looks to be on NZ6 Jan 26. All direct flights up till then appear operated by the 747.
These things happen. I recall booking on the newly refurbed 744 a few years ago SYD AKL SYD and getting to SYD to be told due to a mx issue I would be flying a 767. Thankfully. I flew back on the refurbed 744.

Another time flying TG BKK NRT and spefically booking the A346 ony to arrived at BKK and it was a 744,

Last edited by MrSydney; Aug 2, 2010 at 9:13 pm
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I just read this on Airliners.net - i guess the 77W's are delayed or deferred?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 10:28 pm

Programs: NZ GE and EK Skywards
Oh my gosh. I'm so disappointed. I don't even know what to say.

We especially booked for the new PE seats. Based our whole holiday around those actual flights.

Thought it would be great to take the family to the US for the holidays, but the BIG draw card was the new seats. We're travelling early Jan, and after reading MrSydney's post I checked our bookings..... We are now on a 747.

Would've been nice to hear about it from AirNZ.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by kiwigirl2
Oh my gosh. I'm so disappointed. I don't even know what to say.

We especially booked for the new PE seats. Based our whole holiday around those actual flights.

Thought it would be great to take the family to the US for the holidays, but the BIG draw card was the new seats. We're travelling early Jan, and after reading MrSydney's post I checked our bookings..... We are now on a 747.

Would've been nice to hear about it from AirNZ.
Is quite a shame. Although most airlines will generally only notify for a schedule change and not an equipment change. At least only switched to a 747 (which has much better PE seats than a 777).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.