Lounge in PPT

Old May 30, 10, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Question Lounge in PPT

Just thinking about my upcoming trip to Tahiti and I was wondering what is the lounge like in PPT?
I will be flying in Business Class on TN (using the NZ codeshare) and on the PPT-AKL be leaving mid-morning. Any idea if there is a decent breakfast offering in the lounge?
Old May 30, 10, 4:37 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
Just thinking about my upcoming trip to Tahiti and I was wondering what is the lounge like in PPT?
I will be flying in Business Class on TN (using the NZ codeshare) and on the PPT-AKL be leaving mid-morning. Any idea if there is a decent breakfast offering in the lounge?
I can't comment on the breakfast offering as we were there later in the day (or at night). The lounge is upstairs in the departure area with views over the tarmac. There are a few English and French magazines available. I think there was internet as well.

Food was very basic when we were there and not a full meal. A good selection of drinks but I am not sure how this will look like in the morning hours.

The lounge has proper air conditioning, not that important in the morning but comes in handy during other times.
Old May 30, 10, 12:32 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Matches my memories of PPT lounge - very basic food & drink but a nicer place to wait for the flight than the terminal (not that the terminal is bad).
Old May 31, 10, 5:19 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
You can tell from the decor and furniture that it used to be a dedicated Air NZ lounge.

Decent snacks, great view, good cable TV.

Like a larger version of the RAR lounge, only upstairs and indoors!
Old Jun 20, 10, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
For NZ41, Friday morning 02:50 departure.
Lounge was quite busy, both sides open but they did not have the Air France exclusive section lit.
Decent drinks section, but fridge was getting empty with little chance of refill.
Food, cheese (5 varieties) and crackers, small pieces of mortadella, green olives, dried fruit and biscuits.
No computers but 3 workstations.
No showers, that I could find.
Lots of airlines magazines.
Historic collection of NZ Heralds, most recent was 2 weeks old the oldest was over a month. (yeah I know the strike prevented the last weeks being delivered.)
Old Jun 20, 10, 8:20 am

Programs: QR/VA Gold, QF Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Used it last year on NZ41 at 5pm: Good view of tarmac and runway, but otherwise pretty basic. Food selection were like a few biscuits. There were selection of Hinano Tahiti and Tabu beers.
Old Apr 24, 12, 6:56 pm

Does anyone know if I am able to purchase lounge access at PPT? If you are able to purchase, does anyone know the price?
Old Apr 27, 12, 12:28 am

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Lounge in PPT

It's a lounge operated by the airport company so it would be in their interests to sell one off passes, but I don't know sorry.
Old Apr 27, 12, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by concertjunkie View Post
Does anyone know if I am able to purchase lounge access at PPT? If you are able to purchase, does anyone know the price?
It gets very crowded as flights tend to leave around the same time so I doubt they sell one off passes.
Also IMO it really is not worth paying money for it.
What are you looking for in a lounge at PPT? Relief from the heat and humidity?
Old May 1, 12, 12:22 am

Guess I'll be making use of the PPT Lounge before my PPT-AKL flug on the 20th.
Old Jun 3, 12, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
It gets very crowded as flights tend to leave around the same time so I doubt they sell one off passes.
Also IMO it really is not worth paying money for it.
What are you looking for in a lounge at PPT? Relief from the heat and humidity?
I was looking to purchase lounge membership as it is technically free since I am a member of SkyGuide and get 12 passes free per year. I was also looking to be as sweat free as possible before my 8 hour flight back to LAX.

We arrived in PPT at 6:45pm and we were not able to check in for our flight till 9pm. Luckily we got in line somewhat early and didn't have to wait in that lengthy line. Then we got a bite to eat upstairs as I wasn't sure what was inside security. By the time we got through security it was about 10:45pm and boarding was at 11:15pm. I went upstairs and saw the door to the lounge but I didn't feel like ringing the door bell and asking if I could purchase access.
Old Jun 5, 12, 12:54 am

I was disappointed with the PPT Lounge to be honest.
Old Jun 5, 12, 4:22 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
I think the PPT lounge has improved markedly since Air NZ stopped running it!

Limited toilet facilities, certainly.

But very few lounges have canapes and petits fours! The mini chocolate eclairs and other cakes come from a really good patisserie in Papeete.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: