Celebrities on Air New Zealand

Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by brenrox
I believe he is from Gisborne and still travels there quite a bit to see family...going to be a few long flights on JQ (CHC-AKL-NPE) and drives ahead for him
He's actually from Titahi Bay (Wellington) originally.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:08 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
He's actually from Titahi Bay (Wellington) originally.
Went to Mana College.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:11 am

Why am I not surprised by the reaction of the elites here..
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by b1m9t0
Why am I not surprised by the reaction of the elites here..
Just to clarify - the reaction is not status related.

I would never pull a stunt like that walking into any club I hadn't paid for to pour myself a drink.

40 mins is an inconvenience but does not justify his actions. I've had 3hrs on tarmac with UA years ago (before anyone assumes - it was in Y) that in no way would motivate me to do what he did.

If you have a look at sbiddles link to his car incident you kind of have to think this guy has a screw loose in there somewhere. Vandalising his own car at a tow yard rather than paying $140-50 to get it back from a towing company

Last edited by NZbutterfly; Nov 29, 2016 at 7:07 am
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Could have been living under a rock but had no idea who the tosser is really.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
There are claims he is a frequent flyer. Can't be too frequent, otherwise he would be Gold and not need Koru membership per se.

BTW: what constitutes a frequent flyer?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Remember that SP earn on domestic and TT flights is such that one could fly very frequently and never make Gold.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: Air NZ GE
I also support the fact it isn't a reaction just from Elites.

Lots of people have trouble with airlines/pubs/restaurants/etc etc etc without feeling they can steal a glass of wine or act in this manner.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
There are claims he is a frequent flyer. Can't be too frequent, otherwise he would be Gold and not need Koru membership per se.
He didn't have Koru membership, nor Gold. He is just entitled.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:46 am

Completely correct

You are so right!!! I have given up on getting status with Air NZ after 3 years of gold, then the SP earn plummeted. I have to fund all my own travel, so choose the cheapest options in whichever class I am travelling. No sympathy for GM, but certainly possible to fly weekly or more often and not be gold.

Originally Posted by Fast6
Remember that SP earn on domestic and TT flights is such that one could fly very frequently and never make Gold.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Bub001
certainly possible to fly weekly or more often and not be gold.
Getting somewhat off topic here but I was fairly certain the minimum SP earn was 8 SP per one-way flight. 52 weeks x 1 return flight (total 104 flights) at 8 SP is 832 SP. It is not hard to make up the 68 SP difference with a credit card, etc., but assuming you are spending the lowest regular amount for a fare, say, $49 each way. That's only $5k revenue. To hit *G with business flights usually requires $8-12k~ from memory.

I think we all agree the SP earn is pretty poor now.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by codyc1515
Getting somewhat off topic here but I was fairly certain the minimum SP earn was 8 SP per one-way flight. 52 weeks x 1 return flight (total 104 flights) at 8 SP is 832 SP. It is not hard to make up the 68 SP difference with a credit card, etc., but assuming you are spending the lowest regular amount for a fare, say, $49 each way. That's only $5k revenue. To hit *G with business flights usually requires $8-12k~ from memory.

I think we all agree the SP earn is pretty poor now.
48 weeks to account for annual leave. So at the minimum you'd be earning 768 SP's if you did 1x return for 48 weeks a year. However, likely you are doing it for business which would require you to fly weekday mornings and weekends in which case you'd be spending more and earning more SP's (probably) and also some would probably be booked close to departure in which case more expensive booking classes and more SP's. So I'd say if you were doing 1x return a week you'd likely hit Gold unless you booked all your flights so far in advance you got the cheapest booking class.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:19 am

Welcome to the world of other people

No travel for work at all. Every flight is paid for out of my own hard-earned money. Gold used to be achievable, but not since the change to status point allocation a couple of years ago. Book and pay for all my flights weeks (usually months) in advance. Welcome to the grubby part of the plane!
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
48 weeks to account for annual leave. So at the minimum you'd be earning 768 SP's if you did 1x return for 48 weeks a year. However, likely you are doing it for business which would require you to fly weekday mornings and weekends in which case you'd be spending more and earning more SP's (probably) and also some would probably be booked close to departure in which case more expensive booking classes and more SP's. So I'd say if you were doing 1x return a week you'd likely hit Gold unless you booked all your flights so far in advance you got the cheapest booking class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.