Wiki Posts
Search

How many gold elites?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
How many gold elites?

Does anyone know the approx number of gold-elites ANZ actually has?

Everytime I travel Im sitting next to one - on the plane or in the lounge. Obviously I get a false representation because of seating and such, but there seems to be quite a few.

Is it a set proportion of travellers? The qualification cut offs havent changed for a while despite re-qualifiying getting easier, so I assume more now than a few years ago.

BCE
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by bce1
Does anyone know the approx number of gold-elites ANZ actually has?

Everytime I travel Im sitting next to one - on the plane or in the lounge.
If you are flying with your partner then of course that is the case (thanks to partner gold elite).

More serious answer - numbers have grown hence the use of other measures to differentiate internally. Don't forget gold elites tend to fly a lot on Air NZ (otherwise they wouldn't be gold elite, unless comped or partner status) and they all have access to the same preferred seating areas (unless booked/changed flights at the last minute).
Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: QF Gold
It would be interesting to know how many Gold Elites/Golds/Silvers there were, but I'm sure that's not information that will be released into the public domain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.