Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air New Zealand new longhaul experience - beds in economy. November 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air New Zealand new longhaul experience - beds in economy. November 2010

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by jswong

I suggest serfty that you start your trips from NZ if you ever want to fly UA

Jeff
UA transpacific that is ... rather unlikely for this to occur. I've flown UA a couple of time on HUP runs scoring five or six hundred 's in the process.

The point is that I can book LAX-xAKL-MEL vv on AirNZ for between $950 and $1300 and confirm transpacific upgrades immediately if I choose carefully.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:45 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I assume that the new config hasn't gone "live" yet? Has NZ missed their deadline?
Old Nov 26, 2010, 2:41 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by sxc
I assume that the new config hasn't gone "live" yet? Has NZ missed their deadline?
The first 777-300ER will arrive late December. Yes there is a delay and I do not know what caused it.
Oh as you revived an old thread a designer friend sent me these links to earlier concepts. Some are interesting.
Sky Couch
Space Seat (Premium Economy)
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC, QF.
Looking at the new PE seats for 2011. There doesn't seem to be any foot rest, other than the bean bag. And I haven't seen any pictures of the seat fully reclined. Only one of a couple facing each other for dinner, and another with the lady's feet up on her partner's lap while she's sleeping and he tries to read a magazine. Any clues?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by studyolic
Looking at the new PE seats for 2011. There doesn't seem to be any foot rest, other than the bean bag. And I haven't seen any pictures of the seat fully reclined. Only one of a couple facing each other for dinner, and another with the lady's feet up on her partner's lap while she's sleeping and he tries to read a magazine. Any clues?
That is right no foot rest. For recline the seat pan slides forward with the back down and forwards. I do not know what the recline length or pitch is.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
TBH, at 183cm, I find the foot rest on the current PE seat not very good anyway - they are simply not long enough and dig into my calf muscles if I try to use them stretched out. I have taken to using a pillow or small bag to rest my feet on.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 28, 2010 at 7:53 pm
Old Nov 28, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Likewise Serfty, i find the foot rest uncomfortable, i'm all for the beanbag :P
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:21 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Has anyone seen a schedule and routes for the new PE seats? curious minds here to try them out.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:57 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
18 JUN 2011 AKL-MEL - 773 selected PE seat
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:08 am

17 Feb AKL-LAX... PE.. but with UG to J requested so we will see...

(Have requested UG Y>Y+ for a friend on the same flight so hopefully will be able to report on both J and Y+.. fingers crossed!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.