Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NZ New Uniforms

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:17 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
surely after the last uniform redesign debacle AirNZ staff have been involved appropriately this time round?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:27 am

Bumpy ride for release of cabin crew uniforms
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
"Air New Zealand's international airline group general manager Ed Sims said most of the feedback he had received had been positive, with many people noting the "femininity and originality" of the designs."

Apparently the female attendants uniform is much the same too
Old Jan 10, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I like the current uniforms

I like trooper am a fan of the current uniforms, the issues with them can be "ironed out". I have sen some FA with the side cap on and they do look good.
I see no need for these new desings, hopefully they were leaked to test the reception.
I wonder how many will wear that pink dress and green skirt or would more go for the black pants?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:50 am

Some more photos of the uniforms.

Female Uniforms

Male Uniforms
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:17 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
they look awful...
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:24 am

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Aerosett
Some more photos of the uniforms.

Female Uniforms

Male Uniforms
Did you see the back of the mens waistcoat?? It's like a tacky souvenir from Las Vegas. I also like the current uniforms. I always feel sorry for airline staff from a variety of airlines who have to dress in ridiculous clothing and at least the current NZ one is simple, smart and well cut without any garish colours or 'creative' style choices
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:36 am

Programs: QF, Skywards, SQ, Centurion
I'm not surprised that NZ went with a out there design - they seem to be attracted to the weird & wonderful and it will certainly turn heads.

Personally I think its hideous, but from a impact perspective the airline has got what it's wanted - a ton of free publicity. As the old saying goes, any publicity is good publicity.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:43 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Pink! OMG. I wonder what this means for the 773 interiors?
I think this is a very pertinent point to be reminded of - new uniforms will not have been considered in isolation.

Maybe AirNZ staff should not have grumbled about the current uniform so much - now look what awaits them.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
I would love the male waistcoat if i was watching a Split Enz gig as reminds me of some of their stage costumes but, again, not on an ANZ flight.
Why not do it in orange & flog the whole lot to easyjet?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Apparently HOT PINK is in this summer (Accordingly to my Girlfriend), but i have a feeling maybe NZ will go with a Blue/Green theme as indicated in both the male and female unform (Maybe even with those Koru's?), this could also be a platform for the new Livery - HIGHLIGHTER GREEN & BLUE - Safety first at Air NZ!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:01 am

Programs: AirNZ *G, HHonors, Hertz Gold, OmniHotels Black card
What's happening here is a lot of people are getting their proverbial knickers in a twist over nothing. What we need to realise is these are just concept image to win the pitch. In the same way that what comes down the runway, seldom makes it to the shop-floor.

What you will come to realise is that these have a long way to go before they make final printed design. By that stage the AirNZ marketing hacks will have drilled any flair out of it, and you will be left with a husk of what's shown here.

I love one persons comments on another blog that it looks like trelise's designers got their inspiration from Stax! Its so true she is a terrible designer.

Nonetheless we need to sit back and hold tight and come to feel quite nostalgic for the Zambesi uniforms which now seem subdued and subtle in comparison...

in fact can anyone remember what all the fuss was about?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about - Oscar Wilde
Old Jan 12, 2010, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand airpoints since 1992, currently *Silver, Koru Club
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about - Oscar Wilde
Well, it's being talked about for sure. Now overseas!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=10619921
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:03 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Travelling NZ 136 today. Sample new uninforms being trialled.
Guy in a purple striped shirt with a fairly tasteful (imo anyway) vest and pin stripped dark trousers. Woman in the pink dress seen in some of the early publicity shots. I thought both looked great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.