NZ New Uniforms

Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Ouch, That pink is not cool....
Old Jan 8, 2010, 5:40 pm

I can't say that I'm inspired by what I see so far.

Is this a PR ploy to test the water with the public though? Perhaps based on the reaction, they might have to go back to the drawing board on this one.

Certainly what I've seen so far doesn't exactly look fitting for a premium cabin.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:43 pm

I might be in the minority here.. but.. What's wrong with the current uniform??

I quite like it... Smart enough, but also less formal.. Appropriate to the airline really?

BTW: I have seen 2 of NZ's ladies wearing the optional side cap.. both were well suited to that style of headgear.. and I thought it looked great!

(Showing my age and my military background there no doubt!)

Only thing I can think of with the current uniforms that I don't like is the Concierge shirt!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
This appears to be part of the men's uniform!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qb_fu5WPd4...0-h/male-1.jpg
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
whoa, that's busy
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Originally Posted by cavemanzk

Yuk - looks like someone threw up.

What was this Trellis person thinking of when she designed this uniform. Let's all pray it's just to test the waters.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by nzlilibet
Personally, I think it's awful. And it looks as though the staff don't think much of it. Talk of drag queens and pink flights!
Polyfilla has responded to this staff members criticism:

"We Drag Queens may be tacky, but we would NEVER wear such a foul horrid outfit like that.... Ick.

All that needs to be done is to update the current uniform - Stick to the greys and turquoise/greenstone colourway, it give an air of sophistication and is internationally recognised as bing Air NZ. Its not the design concept that is flawed, just the fit.

Plus would that mean that they'd have to re film the body painted in flight safety demo??? I can't imagine any woman wanting to be PAINTED burnt pink and black floral, let alone having to wear it on a daily basis....
Old Jan 9, 2010, 7:27 pm

"Trelise Cooper's final design for Air NZ's uniforms will be revealed in a few months' time"

There is hope yet.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:58 pm

An interesting series of responses to this thread.

I for one could care less about the uniform. What the cabin crew wear is so far down the list of what's important about my NZ flight experience it's laughable.

You folk all need to be back at work to give you more important things to worry about ...
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:54 pm

Important in the wider scheme of things? Of course not... then again, neither are many of the things we discuss here....

(Blasphemy!!!!)

..although I must say if I was on the brink of airsickness I think seeing that might just put me over the edge!
Old Jan 10, 2010, 12:01 am

Programs: NZ Koru
I'm thinking a about the poor people in 1AB on a Q300 going into WLG on a bad day. Are they going to get a free sick bags & painkillers.

You folk all need to be back at work to give you more important things to worry about ...
LOL I though NZ was run by 4.2million armchair CEO's!
Some of us are lucky to still be on holiday!
Old Jan 10, 2010, 12:13 am

I'm thinking a about the poor people in 1AB on a Q300 going into WLG on a bad day. Are they going to get a free sick bags & painkiller!
..........$and with a hagover from hell.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:21 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
Some of us are already back at work...
Old Jan 10, 2010, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet

70's disco wear is back in !
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
I for one could care less about the uniform. What the cabin crew wear is so far down the list of what's important about my NZ flight experience it's laughable.
Curiously, this is one area where the opinions of those having to wear a uniform are equally, and arguably, more important than those of the customers.

My previous employer created and imposed a uniform that was universally loathed by the crew, from the start. The effect was corrosive: Over time, confidence and morale dropped significantly. It's to do with self-perception and status, sure - but whether we approve or not, the effect is there, and demonstrable.

Staff need to feel good about their appearance to perform at their top potential QED Virgin Atlantic - although many of them in reality look rather less than chic, classy and elegant, they believe otherwise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.