Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air New Zealand Introducing New Domestic Fare Structure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air New Zealand Introducing New Domestic Fare Structure

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by RiskFate
Just checked my regular booking NPE-AKL-NPE for 6 weeks out - prices are the same or a little higher than usual *sigh* It seems the cheap fares are already gone - maybe due to the time of year. However not the amazing savings I was hoping for.
I'm still working through the new fares, but it appears the cheapest standard fare is not lower than they used to be for all domestic routes. On some routes they are higher, and on other routes they are unchanged. Once I've looked at them all I'll post a summary.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:46 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Are we going to get snacks on the ATR/Q300s ?
You get a biscuit on the Q300, but only if you want a cup of tea or coffee. I don't drink either so never get it.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Shazzadude
You get a biscuit on the Q300, but only if you want a cup of tea or coffee. I don't drink either so never get it.
Just ask for a biscuit and you'll get one. Note some shorter flights do not have hot drink service thus no biscuit.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:56 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I sometimes have as many as 5 bags, currently that would be: FREE/FREE/$50/$150/$150, if the new structure is 3 Free Bags for KORU i wonder what the price for the 4th will be.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:10 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Rebound
I sometimes have as many as 5 bags, currently that would be: FREE/FREE/$50/$150/$150, if the new structure is 3 Free Bags for KORU i wonder what the price for the 4th will be.
I'm sure ive seen it that its going to be $15 for your first bag over your limit.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:26 am

I'm sure ive seen it that its going to be $15 for your first bag over your limit.
I hope that is true, will save hundreds!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:41 am

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'm still working through the new fares, but it appears the cheapest standard fare is not lower than they used to be for all domestic routes. On some routes they are higher, and on other routes they are unchanged. Once I've looked at them all I'll post a summary.
Some of the ones I've noticed:

AKL-IVC from $140 to $125
AKL-ROT from $84 to $69
AKL-TRG, WRE from $73 to $69
AKL-WAG from $90 to $89
AKL-TUO from $73 to $79
AKL-NPE, PMR from $84 to $79
AKL-HLZ from $84 to $85
AKL-NSN is now $89, I'm sure that was higher

Not hugely significant price changes really.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 1:13 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
Slight panic at work, our Corporate Travel Agent is not able to access the Smart Saver fares - and our policy is that we can only book flights through them.

Seems like we will have to be Flexi travellers at least for the interim - I dont mind earning extra status points and A$ ^ - slight problem is that my work travel has dried up of late

a temporary way to get round was quickly announced - we can use our work credit card to book flights ourselves if under $100

our workplace HQ is in a provincial city so much of our flights we do not have the option (thank god) to fly on those other airlines - altho on main trunk we are supposed to take the cheapest flights regardless of airline
Old Oct 19, 2009, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
a temporary way to get round was quickly announced - we can use our work credit card to book flights ourselves if under $100

our workplace HQ is in a provincial city so much of our flights we do not have the option (thank god) to fly on those other airlines - altho on main trunk we are supposed to take the cheapest flights regardless of airline
Come on I know you want to fly a JQ B1900 if they got some!
Old Oct 19, 2009, 1:20 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Shazzadude
Some of the ones I've noticed:

AKL-IVC from $140 to $125
AKL-ROT from $84 to $69
AKL-TRG, WRE from $73 to $69
AKL-WAG from $90 to $89
AKL-TUO from $73 to $79
AKL-NPE, PMR from $84 to $79
AKL-HLZ from $84 to $85
AKL-NSN is now $89, I'm sure that was higher

Not hugely significant price changes really.
I haven't had enough time to look at this properly yet (pssst some of your figures are not right), but some observations on the lowest fare from about 100 routes I've checked so far.

main city to main city - unchanged
secondary city to/from main city - small reduction
secondary provincial to/from main city - small increase or unchanged
secondary city to/from secondary provincial - all over the place

As expected they are targetting the routes most vulnerable to possible expansion by DJ.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Wink

Come on I know you want to fly a JQ B1900 if they got some!
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
As expected they are targetting the routes most vulnerable to possible expansion by DJ.
Rumour has it that there will be some new services by turbo props painted in red not e-jets.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 6:39 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Sorry I've been tied up. I hope to soon post a summary of the changes to the lowest fares, but CHC & DUD feature prominently in the routes with decreases. There are also decreases on many (but not all) Q300 routes.

There is at least one fare error (looks obviously wrong for the route, but no it is not as good as $1 and it is also a fairly obscure route).
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:39 pm

They have updated their website also

Status Points
Airpoints Dollars
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Summary of the routes with larger decreases in the lowest smart saver fare

30+% decrease
20+% decrease (includes 30+% decreases)
10+% decrease (includes 20+% decreases)

Summary of the routes with increases in the lowest smart saver fare

increases

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 20, 2009 at 12:04 am
Old Oct 20, 2009, 2:19 am

Anyone use the fast bag service yet?

In the 2hours I spent at CHC this afternoon, I did not see one passenger use it.

As shown off by ZK-MCA

Last edited by cavemanzk; Oct 20, 2009 at 2:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.