Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It surely can't be THAT difficult!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Thank goodness its not just me

This is my secret pet peeve. I have never understood why the simple act of walking down a jet bridge causes people to lose the ability to count. Presumably these people woke up, dressed, navigated to the airport, parked, made it through security, (some better than others admittedly), found their gate - and all of this reasonably on time. When they walk to their seat, they have absolutely no concept that row 22 comes AFTER row 9. In the unfortunate circumstance that these lost souls have laid claim to your own seat, they inevitably ask anxiously if you can just switch because they are all settled and "it's just too confusing to move." Most of the time these people are truly clueless. When you happen to have an exit aisle, the clueless-ness is almost certainly contrived - but that is another thread.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 4:08 am

Programs: ZB: Ivory, FB Ivory
Try being a gate staff and going on board looking for a missing passenger to find out someone has done a seat swap already and the person who should be in business class on row 2 is now in a middle economy seat on row 29! Beggers believe sometimes the amount of musical chairs that goes on onboard some aircraft!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:51 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Had another BAD experience with a fellow traveller yesterday at CDG. This happened well outside the airplane, inside the terminal at the security check at CDG 2E.

3 screening areas were setup to accommodate the fast track and there was an US couple in their mid 50's I'd say who MUST have flown more than once in their life, as they were admitted to the Access No 1. Saw they held C tickets to LAX (13:30 I believe) and it was 13:10 when the world came to a stand still...

They had 4 carry on bags between them and EVERY single bag contained things that should have been taken out and/or placed in a see through plastic bag as noted everywhere before the security check! They had no hurry what-so-ever and couldn't care less that the queue got longer and longer behind them. 3 laptops, a couple of DSLR cameras, 6 or 7 bottles of perfume all gift wrapped etc. This didn't seem to stress them at all...

The security person looking after this queue was a very patient man, and I could only imagine what he was thinking...

I'm happy that I was not going on the same flight as them, as I could imagine they would not be able to find their correct seats!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:17 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Cupart
Saw they held C tickets to LAX (13:30 I believe) and it was 13:10 when the world came to a stand still...
I'm happy that I was not going on the same flight as them, as I could imagine they would not be able to find their correct seats!
I could imagine that in the end they either were directed directly to their seats as the crew would have been waiting for them, the last passengers, to board. Or, even worse, they would have had a lot of time to find their seats, having caused a missed slot ....
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MichielR
I could imagine that in the end they either were directed directly to their seats as the crew would have been waiting for them, the last passengers, to board. Or, even worse, they would have had a lot of time to find their seats, having caused a missed slot ....
They wouldn't be any problem at all, being unable to find their gate.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
New one today - the guy who leans so closely to look out of the window (where you sit) that his face is probably 10 centimetres from your and well within the 'airspace' of your own seat. Then later plays with YOUR rubbish on YOUR tray. No issue of experienced or occasional travellers etc etc, just plain rude and overbearing...
Old Sep 22, 2009, 5:08 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Deserves a slap on a hand
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:03 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Deserves a slap on a hand
Or just a wee blob of superglue on your used napkin and/or drink can!

-- H
Old Oct 5, 2009, 2:03 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Help yourself - literary

Flew FRA-BKK on TG in Y. I was finishing my dinner when I heard FA make an announcement "Once we have finished our service, drinks and snacks will be available in the galley. Please help yourself to them." The trays would not be collected for a while, so I just closed my eyes and started relaxing. About 5-10 minutes after, I opened my eyes and the tray was still on the table (no big deal); however, my crackers and a chocolate bar were missing. Instead a bunch of wrappings were next to my cup. Now, that's a conundrum (and an entertainment for a 12h+ flight without AVOD). As I turned to my neighbor, he was just finishing my crackers and just asked "Was?"

Shocked, I said nothing. When breakfast was served, I made no mistake of leaving my tray "unattended", since items during the flight might disappear.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 5:10 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by olm022
Flew FRA-BKK on TG in Y. I was finishing my dinner when I heard FA make an announcement "Once we have finished our service, drinks and snacks will be available in the galley. Please help yourself to them." The trays would not be collected for a while, so I just closed my eyes and started relaxing. About 5-10 minutes after, I opened my eyes and the tray was still on the table (no big deal); however, my crackers and a chocolate bar were missing. Instead a bunch of wrappings were next to my cup. Now, that's a conundrum (and an entertainment for a 12h+ flight without AVOD). As I turned to my neighbor, he was just finishing my crackers and just asked "Was?"

Shocked, I said nothing. When breakfast was served, I made no mistake of leaving my tray "unattended", since items during the flight might disappear.
HA HA HA HA... That's seriously the best one I've heard so far! Amazing... I wouldn't even have dared to asked a stranger sitting next to me if I could have his unfinished meal/wrapped extras hahaha... FANTASTIC!
Old Oct 5, 2009, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Henry III
... Stupid people are everywhere.

Hopefully, though, not on the flight deck!
Keep hoping!

From Luchtvaartnieuws.nl

Bemanning Indiaas vliegtuig met elkaar op de vuist

NEW DELHI - De bemanning van een vliegtuig van Air India is onderling slaags geraakt. De cockpit van de Airbus bleef tijdens het incident enige tijd onbemand, terwijl het toestel met zo'n honderd passagiers op circa 10.000 meter hoogte vloog.

Een 24-jarige stewardess had de piloten beschuldigd van ongewenste intimiteiten, aldus de krant Times of India. Daarop kwam het tot een vechtpartij, eerst in de cockpit en vervolgens in het gangpad voor de ogen van de passagiers. Het incident wordt onderzocht, aldus luchtvaartmaatschappij Air India zondag.

De twee piloten en twee andere bemanningsleden zijn geschorst. De stewardess en de copiloot hebben bij het incident kneuzingen opgelopen

Flight and cabin crew on an Air India flight engaged in a fist fight in the cockpit and cabin aisle, after a stewardess had accused the pilots of sexual harassment. The aircraft was left to fly itself for a while.

Johan
Old Oct 5, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Elite Plus, *A Gold Elite, American AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Platinum
oops...meant to start a new thread!

Last edited by Shesells; Oct 5, 2009 at 2:44 pm Reason: posting error
Old Oct 9, 2009, 7:48 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Official Survey Results

Travelocity has just published the results of a survey of 1500 North Americans on this very subject (maybe they read Flyertalk).

The report is here: http://i.travelpn.com.edgesuite.net/...eness-Poll.pdf

Wish they'd poll us over here as well...
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Being the devil for details that I am, I found the most interesting statistic in the survey the fact that 1% of the US respondents admitted to having stolen a Bible from a hotel! (Presumably, though, they first tore out and left the pages containing Exod 20:15 and Deut 5:19. )

-- H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.