JNB lounge

Old Jun 29, 09, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
JNB lounge

I will next fly to JNB and back to CDG in less than 24 hours.

Is it possible to go in the JNB lounge in the morning, until the evening return flight?

I read that there is a KLM lounge and an AF one.

I read also that "In order to bypass check-in formalities upon the return, Air France offers the opportunity to check in for both flights at the same time" (i.e. at CDG)

Will it simplify the access to the JNB lounge? (and avoid a day use hotel )

Thank you
Old Jun 30, 09, 3:22 pm

Dear leonleonb,

With a bit of searching I found this thread which will answer most of your questions. I must admit, it was a bit hard to find.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...nb-news-2.html

Here is a thread about all AF flights switching to evening departures, this might impact the opening hours. You might check if there are any Skyteam flights leaving in the morning allowing you to do what you plan.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...t-flights.html

Personally, I would recommend to find a tour company and book a private tour with pick-up and drop-off from the airport. Or take a taxi to the Apartheid museum. Much better use of your time.
Old Jun 30, 09, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

thank you very much for your time and your kind answer.^
Old Jul 3, 09, 6:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, BMI Gold, EK Skywards Gold, BA Gold, IC Hotels Platinum Ambassador
I would doubt the lounge is even open in the morning unless Kenya Airways use it as well as AF/KL. They may have a daytime flight to Nairobi that would need a lounge. That aside there would be no reason for it to be open. Add the fact its not particularly great in there anyway you would be well advised to take the previous poster's advice and get a tour to Soweto or something. Or go to Sandton for a nice meal or shopping. or play golf or.....there is plenty to do on a day long stop!
Old Jul 3, 09, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chunk73 View Post
I would doubt the lounge is even open in the morning unless Kenya Airways use it as well as AF/KL. They may have a daytime flight to Nairobi that would need a lounge. That aside there would be no reason for it to be open. Add the fact its not particularly great in there anyway you would be well advised to take the previous poster's advice and get a tour to Soweto or something. Or go to Sandton for a nice meal or shopping. or play golf or.....there is plenty to do on a day long stop!
Thanks for your suggestions

KQ has two flights to NBO at 11:15 am and 1:40 pm, so probably one ST lounge is open in the morning (AF or KL)

The problem is access with no boarding pass, as AF desk will open only 3h before flight... (around 5pm)

I mailed for a day tour in Jo'burg and waiting for an answer.
Old Feb 17, 15, 1:50 pm

updates on the AF lounge in JNB?

Any recent experiences in this lounge? What kind of food & drink options are there? (At my recent visit to the AF lounge at SFO in the late morning, there was very limited food & drinks, and limited reading materials.) I'll have a 2.5 hour layover at JNB in the late afternoon.
Old Feb 20, 15, 3:59 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Emirates SkyAwards Silver
I was in it last Friday. Very poor IMHO. Overcrowded, poor food choice, terrible wifi. Don't expect to be impressed.
Old Feb 20, 15, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by SheBangsTheDrums View Post
I was in it last Friday. Very poor IMHO. Overcrowded, poor food choice, terrible wifi. Don't expect to be impressed.
Thanks, I have low expectations for AF lounges in general.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: