Wiki Posts
Search

500 miles for free?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Swiss HON, Emirates Skywards Gold
500 miles for free?

for an award ticket (50K) i still need 500 miles, is there a way to get 500 miles for free, cause there is no possibility to buy miles!?! thanks for answering!
Old Jun 13, 2009, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by spirit of swiss
for an award ticket (50K) i still need 500 miles, is there a way to get 500 miles for free, cause there is no possibility to buy miles!?! thanks for answering!
For free u wont get, unless AF was still running the online survey which gave 500 / 1000 miles.

you can transfer your points from most hotel frequent guest to AF ( priority club , spg, mariott, hilton ), to top up ur AF account..

since u are living in switzerland, u might be eligible also to take an AF credit card ( im not sure about these though )
Old Jun 13, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
The survey is closed, but you can get some miles from e-rewards, AMEX, or something similar
Old Jun 14, 2009, 1:44 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by spirit of swiss
Hi spirit of swiss,

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to AF (or most other things in life I'm afraid).

What you could do is do a milage run to either LCY via CDG or DUB via CDG with CityJet, and if you hold status it can be done quite easily even on the 25% mileage accrual.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, FB Gold
On my last monthly statement there was an offer for 10,000 award miles by taking the "Plus Option". Costs 100 euro per year... so euro 0,01 / mile. Not too bad...
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
You could maybe get it through a car rental, though I have never, ever been able to get a car rental credited to Flying Blue, and got very annoyed in the process of trying to do so.

If you sign up for Flying Blue golf, you can get 250 miles for free. Here is the link:

http://www.flyingbluegolf.com/
Old Jun 16, 2009, 4:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
If you sign up for Flying Blue golf, you can get 250 miles for free. Here is the link:

http://www.flyingbluegolf.com/
^ Thanks for posting...

How long did it take before you got your miles credited?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 4:53 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Concerto,

Originally Posted by Concerto
You could maybe get it through a car rental, though I have never, ever been able to get a car rental credited to Flying Blue, and got very annoyed in the process of trying to do so.
I don't know which company you tried, but Avis has been crediting me steadily for every rental I've taken. It's not great, but it's 600 miles per rental, which show up within days of completing the rental. It may make a difference that all my information is set up in my Avis Preferred profile (although I still need to put in the AWD every time).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 16, 2009, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I never had any problem with Hertz.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 7:35 am

Programs: AF/KL silver, Sixt Plat., BMI *G, Northwest Gold, Iberia nothing, Spanair Blue
Originally Posted by brunos
I never had any problem with Hertz.

Agree.

But would like to add that NH hotels never credited me any miles, not by presenting my FB card nor sending the full receipts afterwards
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
About the car rentals, it really did annoy me so much to not get the miles that I gave up with it at FB. Miles & More was much more generous, and consistent.. but when I discovered bmi's Diamond Club programme, there was no turning back.

As for the golf thing, I still haven't signed up for it.. just saw you could do it. 250 miles didn't really motivate me.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:38 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Originally Posted by Dandel
On my last monthly statement there was an offer for 10,000 award miles by taking the "Plus Option". Costs 100 euro per year... so euro 0,01 / mile. Not too bad...
What's that? I didn't see anything on my last statement?

Another good one for loads of miles (although not free - at least fun) is to make a photo album with clicalbum.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Got the 250 miles credited today, for doing nothing... Great

Thanks again ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.